Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
The latest quarterly update has been posted.

DGI For The DIY: Q2 2016 Update

REITs, energy, and utilities powered it higher this quarter to new all-time highs.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Good summary. O has grown so much for me that I sold half of my position and used the funds to buy TIF, AMP, and a few others. I hate selling. Hope I don't regret it.
I've gone back and forth on selling/trimming CHD, DLR, and O due to high valuations. However, it seems when I've done so in the past I ended up regretting it because the stocks I sold never did pull back and now I am missing those good companies from my portfolio.

So for now I think I will just be patient and hold them and use new capital to buy companies that are on my wish list.
(07-14-2016, 02:23 PM)EricL Wrote: I've gone back and forth on selling/trimming CHD, DLR, and O due to high valuations. However, it seems when I've done so in the past I ended up regretting it because the stocks I sold never did pull back and now I am missing those good companies from my portfolio.

So for now I think I will just be patient and hold them and use new capital to buy companies that are on my wish list.

Yeah, seems like a good idea.  Do you reinvest the dividends?  I selectively reinvest, so about 2x per year, I'll change what gets reinvested and what gets paid out.
(07-14-2016, 03:46 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Yeah, seems like a good idea.  Do you reinvest the dividends?  I selectively reinvest, so about 2x per year, I'll change what gets reinvested and what gets paid out.

In this account I auto-reinvest all dividends back into the companies that pay them.
Here is the latest update. It was a pretty quiet quarter, with just one sale and three buys over the last three months.

DGI For The DIY: Q3 2016 Update
(10-26-2016, 12:00 PM)EricL Wrote: Here is the latest update. It was a pretty quiet quarter, with just one sale and three buys over the last three months.

Great article, as always, and a big congratulations.
(10-26-2016, 04:40 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(10-26-2016, 12:00 PM)EricL Wrote: Here is the latest update. It was a pretty quiet quarter, with just one sale and three buys over the last three months.

Great article, as always, and a big congratulations.

Thanks!
My latest portfolio update was just published on Seeking Alpha.

I saw a 15.6% growth in dividend income over 2015 and hit another all-time high in value in the fourth quarter as well.

DGI For The DIY: 2016 Portfolio Review

The snowball is getting bigger!
With inspiration from David Fish's article about upcoming dividend raises on the CCC List; here are my guesses at potential dividend declarations in my portfolio in the first quarter.

DGI For The DIY: 11 Companies With Impending Dividend Increases
Nice article, read it this morning. I own a few of those, specifically DPS, KO, GILD. Keep up the great writing!
(01-27-2017, 12:13 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Nice article, read it this morning.  I own a few of those, specifically DPS, KO, GILD.  Keep up the great writing!

Thanks!

Had the first increase announced yesterday by Polaris, it was a nice surprise to the upside!

Polaris Industries Raises Dividend 5.45%

Looks like a couple week wait now until DPS, CHD, and GILD's announcements.