Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
My GameStop trade is going well so far. Up nearly 14% since I bought on March 13th. Going to need to figure out what my price target is for the shares as I don't know if this is a hold forever type stock. If it were to continue pushing back into the $50's I will probably have a decision to make.
My Blog: DGIfortheDIY.com
Seeking Alpha Author Page 
Had some new money hit the account so I put in a buy on CVX today at $119.

I expect an announced increase to the dividend rate in the next couple of weeks which should provide a yield on the buy of around 3.7%. This will double my position and bring it up to an equal weight in the portfolio.
(04-09-2014, 01:47 PM)EricL Wrote: Had some new money hit the account so I put in a buy on CVX today at $119.

Big Grin

I liked it better around the $110 range but not a bad price to pay. Then again, sometimes I can be a piggie.

I keep thinking I ought to lighten up a little as it gets back in the $120's but I just can't seem to find the gumption to ditch a perfectly good dividend that's not going to go anywhere but up. Wondering if it will ever get back down to the low 60's again so I can rent another truck to back up. Cool
=====
How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Yeah, I'd have liked it better at $109 too, but I'm not going to complain too much getting a blue chip like CVX at a PE under 11, especially right before a dividend increase.
My portfolio update was posted on Seeking Alpha.

2014 - Q1 Review

Hope you enjoy. Smile
I sold my Darden Restaurants (DRI) yesterday and opened a position in General Electric (GE).

I posted an article today on my thoughts on Darden.

I give up about 1% in yield while upgrading the quality as GE is AA+ while Darden is BBB-. I also think GE has much better growth prospects over the next 5+ years and feel what I give up in dividends will be made up for in capital appreciation.
Excited to announce an addition to our family rather than an addition to our portfolio.

My wife gave birth to our second child on Wednesday. We came home yesterday and are adjusting. Our two year old was a little jealous at first, but now likes giving hugs and kisses to "baby".
(04-26-2014, 03:03 PM)EricL Wrote: Excited to announce an addition to our family rather than an addition to our portfolio.

My wife gave birth to our second child on Wednesday. We came home yesterday and are adjusting. Our two year old was a little jealous at first, but now likes giving hugs and kisses to "baby".

Congrat's! Hopefully you have been able to sleep a bit.
Rainbow 
    Congratulations on the new addition, Eric.    
=====
How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Congratulations on the addition to the family, now you need to get busy and make some money for the college tuition coming up in 20 years.
Nice pickup GE, owned it for quite some time.

Jimbo