Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
Congrats! I will check your update soon like always. It's been a good quarter for quality dividend stocks. I thought your port was probably doing fine. Up 15% income YOY quarter is certainly a great start.
With EOG near 52-week highs and AAPL, LOW, and AVGO well off theirs, EOG Resources is now the largest position in my portfolio.

Energy is up to an 11.5% overall weighting in the portfolio, compared to 5.3% as of Q3 2020.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
My new portfolio update was published this morning on Seeking Alpha.

LINK
I didn't realize it had been THIS long. I always enjoy the updates.
Only took me a year to get a new post written for the website.

Dividend Growth Digest: August 2022

Enjoy!
Appreciate the update. After a few close call years hitting the annual goal, suddenly growing income 10% is easy. Smile
(08-24-2022, 05:26 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Appreciate the update. After a few close call years hitting the annual goal, suddenly growing income 10% is easy. Smile

Yeah, I can thank EOG mostly for that. Those special dividends really add up! =)
(08-24-2022, 05:26 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Appreciate the update.  After a few close call years hitting the annual goal, suddenly growing income 10% is easy.  Smile

This has been something of a bonanza year for dividend increases. My current DGR is well above what I think is long-term sustainable. Though LRCX just gave another 15% hike so what do I know?
(08-25-2022, 08:11 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 05:26 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Appreciate the update.  After a few close call years hitting the annual goal, suddenly growing income 10% is easy.  Smile

Yeah, I can thank EOG mostly for that. Those special dividends really add up! =)
Yeah EOG is very close to my largest position.  I will need to trim and my 2023 div income will dip.
(08-25-2022, 05:00 PM)cemanuel Wrote:

This has been something of a bonanza year for dividend increases. My current DGR is well above what I think is long-term sustainable. Though LRCX just gave another 15% hike so what do I know?
It's been a good year or two for raises.  Even some of the usual weak raisers bumped it up a bit.  Eric had to scramble a few years ago because he adds no new cash to this port for a long time now.
(08-25-2022, 07:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's been a good year or two for raises.  Even some of the usual weak raisers bumped it up a bit.  Eric had to scramble a few years ago because he adds no new cash to this port for a long time now.

Next year will be a tough one for me to show a dividend increase over 2022. I don't own EOG but do own a lot of LYB. I may be able to show a little bit of an overall dividend increase but for my Taxable Account, which is where this matters the most, unless someone else comes out with a substantial special, I expect I'll at best show flat growth over this year. The LYB special will amount to 12-13% of my overall Taxable Account dividend income for the year (again, unless another special comes along before EOY).*

No big deal - except I like having charts and graphs in Excel. Gonna have a year where those don't look so good. Sad

Not that I want to give that special div back or anything . . .  Big Grin

*Another example of a high-class problem - complaining about receive a big pile of cash because my account trends won't look so pretty. Folks would be justified in making fun of me for this which is why I'm trying to make fun of myself and head off those responses.
(08-26-2022, 07:53 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 07:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Next year will be a tough one for me to show a dividend increase over 2022. I don't own EOG but do own a lot of LYB. I may be able to show a little bit of an overall dividend increase but for my Taxable Account, which is where this matters the most, unless someone else comes out with a substantial special, I expect I'll at best show flat growth over this year. The LYB special will amount to 12-13% of my overall Taxable Account dividend income for the year (again, unless another special comes along before EOY).*

No big deal - except I like having charts and graphs in Excel. Gonna have a year where those don't look so good. Sad

Not that I want to give that special div back or anything . . .  Big Grin

*Another example of a high-class problem - complaining about receive a big pile of cash because my account trends won't look so pretty. Folks would be justified in making fun of me for this which is why I'm trying to make fun of myself and head off those responses.
Our five year DIV CAGR is more important, but winning every year is sure fun.  Smile I have about zero chance for DIV income growth portfolio wide next year.  When EOG has to slow down its over for me for awhile.  They are yielding over 15% with specials 2021-22 and probably 2023.  Then it probably gets cut in half until energy suffers the inevitable harsher dip.