Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI For The DIY
(04-02-2023, 09:28 PM)EricL Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 02:40 PM)Kerim Wrote: Thanks Eric -- just curious, how did you end up watching these particular stocks on the watch list? I'm guessing that (like mine) it has just kinda accumulated over time as different names came to your attention in various ways, and of course with an emphasis on many of the classic DG names. But maybe you took a more rigorous approach...

Yes, I mostly just accumulated them over time as ones I've either owned formerly or consider owning one day. Most of the DGI ones are just from scanning the CCC list and looking for stocks with 10%+ annual growth. The pure growth names come from screenings I've done or from pulling names from higher-growth ETFs.

I'm open to other ideas if anyone has names they think should be included. I'm up to 113 total names already, but it doesn't take much work to add more. Once I get the basic info added to the spreadsheet it just comes down to updated EPS estimates and dividends as they are declared.

My list hovers in the 30-50 company range, but there are 25 or so that I keep a much closer eye on than the rest -- and that's reflected in my spreadsheets (a lot more data for those). I sometimes fear that I'm missing good opportunities by not tracking more, but time and attention are sadly limited!
This week's updated list.

.pdf   Stocks-To-Buy_2023-04-08.pdf (Size: 58.67 KB / Downloads: 4)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-08-2023, 08:05 AM)EricL Wrote: This week's updated list.
I tried to open your " Stocks-To-Buy_2023-04-08.pdf (Size: 58.67 KB / Downloads: 1)", but keep receiving the same message:

You are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:

1. You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.

2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.

3. Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.

4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.
 I am logged in, so I assume I don't have the correct permissions.  Am I doing something wrong or I don't have the permissions?
I don't know why it isn't working for you, the link worked for me.

Here is the update from Thursday.
(05-01-2023, 12:27 AM)EricL Wrote: I don't know why it isn't working for you, the link worked for me.

Here is the update from Thursday.

That one worked.  Thanks Eric.
Here's my updated watch list for May 13.

.pdf   Stocks-To-Buy_2023-05-13.pdf (Size: 70.31 KB / Downloads: 4)

Enjoy!
Another 9.5% move today for $AVGO, giving me a 200% total return since I sold $IBM and purchased it back in early 2019.

Now up to a 4.37% weighting in the portfolio, making it my largest holding.

Still somewhat reasonably priced at a 19 PE on 2023 estimates.
Here's this week's updated watch list.

.pdf   Stocks-To-Buy_2023-06-09.pdf (Size: 74.19 KB / Downloads: 1)
(05-26-2023, 01:11 PM)EricL Wrote: Another 9.5% move today for $AVGO, giving me a 200% total return since I sold $IBM and purchased it back in early 2019.

Now up to a 4.37% weighting in the portfolio, making it my largest holding.

Still somewhat reasonably priced at a 19 PE on 2023 estimates.

weighting percentages is something i've been debating about--i have some that have increased into the 8 to 9% range--i'll most likely trim into the 4 to 5% range

it will enable me to get into some other investments sooner than later
Here's this week's updated watch list of stocks with projected annual returns of >15%.

.pdf   Stocks-To-Buy_2023-06-23.pdf (Size: 76.07 KB / Downloads: 3)

You can download the full list at https://dgiforthediy.com/my-portfolio/