Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volatility and Dividend Growth Investing
So you manage your oven investments and the markets are bouncing around like Paris Hilton's backside (I met her in Vegas Big Grin), or dropping like Icarus!

Whatever you do.. DO NOTHING. So many people jump on the bandwagon with other investors and end up losing money. It is those that either invest when the going is bad, or show patience that come out on top in the long term.

Lemmings do not do well in this game Smile
Hey KeithD and welcome to the forum!

Most DG investors indeed sleep well at night managing their own investments, even when the market is volatile. And I agree that investing when things look bad can lead to great returns. I think it was Buffet himself who said to be greedy when other are fearful and fearful when others are greedy. Or something like that.

I think that DG investing is at its most powerful when combining those two concepts: buying best of breed companies that grow their earnings and dividends reliably year after year when they are out of favor or when the markets are in turmoil. My best buys ever were during the depths of the 2008-2009 crisis.
It's only a matter of being well prepared for any kind of situation in whatever field you are in.
Love market dips especially like the 2008\2009. Great stocks at great buys.