Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News Bad News?
Nice posts, both of you.

I think the same thing about the mega-caps, Alex. I still believe that KO, for example, can be a fine part of a dividend growth portfolio. But anyone who counts on the next 30 years for KO looking a lot like the last 30 has a rude awakening in their future. I'm not sure I agree about inflation, though. A well-selected basket of even older mega-caps DG stocks should be able to keep pace with inflation. But I'd like to do a little better than just keeping pace with inflation. My compromise is to add several stocks with shorter dividend histories (not focusing just on the champions), but that give me an opportunity for outsized dividend growth. I'm thinking stocks like PSX, F, and AAPL in my portfolio currently.

I haven't seriously considered venturing out in search of pure growth, other than a few extremely small "for fun" gambles. That is a foreign world to me and I have no confidence in my abilities there. Perhaps that is also why you are looking for a fund with the characteristics that you describe. Please let us know if you find one!

Messages In This Thread
Good News Bad News? - by Kerim - 10-06-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Good News Bad News? - by TomK - 10-08-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: Good News Bad News? - by hendi_alex - 10-08-2013, 05:21 PM
RE: Good News Bad News? - by Kerim - 10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Good News Bad News? - by hendi_alex - 10-09-2013, 07:32 AM