Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Perfect Portfolio Competition
Previous winners

2019 - Fenders53
2020 - Divemenow
2021 - kblake
2022 - ChadR

We didn't get this off the ground on time this year, but I think it would still be fun to get a list put together for 2023. Let's give it all next week for people to get their picks in, then we will start calculating results beginning on February 13 and running until the close on December 29, 2023.  

Enter your picks anytime.  You may edit them as often as you like until the contest starts.

Here are the rules for 2023:

1.  Pick five dividend stocks or dividend ETFs listed in the US.  No levered ETFs, meme stocks, crypto, options, or penny stocks are allowed.  We are trying to use our individual stock-picking abilities and eliminate any use of leverage.   

2.  If you wish, you may waive the dividend rule for one stock to allow adding a growth pick.      

3.  We won't split hairs but please abide by the spirit of the rules. Make an honest attempt at diversification like you would if this was your real portfolio.

4.  It is OK to use stocks that somebody has already put in their portfolio.

5. Results will be calculated based on price return only, meaning there is no advantage in picking a high yield over a low one. This makes tracking much easier on the spreadsheet.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET

Good luck!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Might change these before the contest begins, but for now here are my 5 picks.

CMCSA
CVS
LOW
OZK
TXRH
Thanks for undertaking, Eric!

Yeah, I might tweak this list a bit if prices change a lot in the next week, but I'm thinking:

GOOG
PARA
PFE
WFC
XOM
Thanks for putting this together Eric. I have a master macro thesis in my mind. Maybe I'll get the timing right eventually. Smile

1. DG
2. TSN
3. PBF
4. JNJ
5. TLT
I'm sticking with my boys, and picking a diversified lot of them:

1. AVGO
2. ZIM
3. HD
4. LYB
5. UPST (pure growth)

Note that dividends need to be included to properly account for this portfolio, particularly with regards to ZIM and LYB.
Would have won last year if we accounted for dividends. Now with this year, lets see if I can get back to the back of the pack instead of being near the top of the leaderboard.

1. OHI
2. COF
3. SMG
4. TROW
5. TSN
(02-07-2023, 05:32 PM)ChadR Wrote: Would have won last year if we accounted for dividends.  Now with this year, lets see if I can get back to the back of the pack instead of being near the top of the leaderboard.

1.  OHI
2.  COF
3.  SMG
4.  TROW
5.  TSN

You did win then because we need to follow the rules made when the contest started. I am good with the 2023 rules   Please correct the 2022 record Eric.
1) msft
2) aapl
3) nvda
4) xom
5) tsla (my non dividend pick)

i'm having a hard time getting away from tech--i'm a big believer in tech and more now then ever

all the above stocks are in my personal portfolio top ten
TSN
CVX
ADP
TRV
PH
Just finished putting all the picks in the spreadsheet.

So far ken-do-nim is the only person in the green.
GOOG
INTC
V
MA
NKE
RayRay and I are neck and neck!!! A 16% surge from ZIM is putting me ever so slightly up today.