Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royce Value Trust
Anybody with any info or hold RVT? Seems interesting but I'm not well versed in CEFs.

Thanks, always looking to simplify.
(10-16-2022, 08:21 AM)NilesMike Wrote: Anybody with any info or hold RVT? Seems interesting but I'm not well versed in CEFs.

It basically follows the Russell Small cap index 

Down 31.4 YTD and average about 5% over the last 15 years. 

This ETF is heavy into financials and industrials. Both make up 58% of the index

I'm not a fan of its top 10 holdings IPH, Morningstar, KBR and Sprout just to name a few  

Pays a nice dividend 

Decent if you can time the bottom. 5 year low $10.61 or so
(10-16-2022, 12:09 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 08:21 AM)NilesMike Wrote: Anybody with any info or hold RVT? Seems interesting but I'm not well versed in CEFs.

This ETF is heavy into financials and industrials. Both make up 58% of the index

I'm not a fan of its top 10 holdings IPH, Morningstar, KBR and Sprout just to name a few  

Pays a nice dividend 

Thanks, it looks like other than the GFC and COVID, $12 isn't a bad place to buy. Strictly to collect dividend, not expecting much growth.
(10-16-2022, 12:25 PM)NilesMike Wrote:

Pays a nice dividend 

Thanks, it looks like other than the GFC and COVID, $12 isn't a bad place to buy. Strictly to collect dividend, not expecting much growth.

Exactly, $12 a good buy in point. You buy for the dividend now. If it can get back to that $15-16 range you will do well here and collect the dividend while you wait it out. Any move to the upside is just icing on the cake.  It’s like T but with more payout and upside lol . So not like T at all ??
(10-16-2022, 12:25 PM)NilesMike Wrote:

Pays a nice dividend 

My general experience with CEFs if if you wait for them to get crushed, (they almost always do get hit hard in market correction) there are some very good buys in the rubble if you stick to the highest quality ones.  Some of the trash gets washed out every time.
Thanks for the advice, actually opened a full position in MPW this afternoon instead.