Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Biggest loser so far
Just curious as to what are your biggest looser so far in 2022 and if your adding shares in the names your down in?

My top 5 biggest losers

AVB - Down 19.4% (I'm adding below $177)
SWK Down 14.6 % (Added at $72.40)
NSC Down 15% (Added at $202)
AVGO Down 8% (Added at $444.85)
HON Down 8% (Haven't added any shares yet, but have $160 open interest)

I have a ton of others down between 4-6%

Other then DVN, OXY, CVX, PXD, STNG, TRMD, ABBV, LLY and  and XOM everything is down lol
Biggest loser is GNRC. It was one of my winners not that long ago. Down about 25% after you subtract the covered call premiums I sold on the way down to the basement. Worse than that without the option income.

Surprisingly (to me) My UTEs might be next as they are down over 10%. More than that off ATH. Added WEC, XEL and a little ALE today.

I have saved myself some pain selling puts then walking them down for months, but I am probably going to get assigned some soon down 5-8% (SWK and RTX). I am good without adding more.

I have plenty of other stocks down about 3-5% but my port is 1/3 oil so that saved me for sure. My oil is up big and EOG passes out special dividends like candy. (I have 600 shares of EOG)

Port is down almost 4% YTD and off ATH. I would say I have spent 90% of this year between 2-4% down. I think I have been green about 10 days total lol.

I am fairly proud of this years results but I am retired since March and spend WAY too much time protecting myself from beatdowns. Tons of option premiums made up for stock losses. My port is 90% boring though since DEC. The option part is not boring for sure. I am ready for a bottom and it might be quarters away.
CVS now is on my list. I lost almost 4k in that name today ouch

My biggest losers so far are

SWK
CBRL
BAC
FDX
NKE
(10-07-2022, 11:02 AM)Marknew Wrote: CVS now is on my list. I lost almost 4k in that name today ouch

My biggest losers so far are

SWK
CBRL
BAC
FDX
NKE
Those recover.  Don't ask us for a datem ?
My timing with META could not have been much worse -- was buying in late '21 and early '22, right before the big tech plunge. Down more than 50 percent on that one at the moment. I should be averaging down, I suppose...