Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing & golf
Great that you're back to fishing. Are you aware that every day that one spends fishing is ADDED to their life. Yup, it's a fact!

I used to be a very hard core fisherman, Canada, Boundary Waters, Northern Wisconsin etc. Now, I'm an urban angler in Chicago and inner ring suburbs-from shore. Believe it or not, I catch more impressive fish now than then. It shocked me, but I am able to catch very nice bass, cats and pike within 20 minutes of my house. I fish subdivision ponds, ponds in industrial parks and forest preserve lakes and rivers.

Additionally, climbing the banks over downed limbs etc. gives a great workout.

As for gear, I am a world class tightwad. This stems from when I was about 5 years old and we were in Northern Wisconsin before my Dad's business took off and he had some very inexpensive (read cheap) equipment. That trip he caught the biggest pike of the season reported on that lake. We went around to other towns to see the sights, ice cream etc. and heard everyone talking about fish. We were all ears and then when we realized it was Pa's fish we all had a great chuckle.

For bass, ALL I use is a green punkinseed Senko rigged weedless. For Pike I throw white or chartreuse spinnerbaits. Dollar ones from Walmart-LOL. For cats-Bar S hot dogs-LOL

Have a good time and remember it's called fishing, not catching. My Dad's business partner used take a rowboat out on the lake and fish-WiTHOUT BAIT, he didn't want to be bothered by a fish.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
fishing & golf - by rayray - 06-23-2022, 07:35 AM
RE: fishing & golf - by fenders53 - 06-23-2022, 12:45 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by NilesMike - 06-23-2022, 02:49 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by NilesMike - 06-23-2022, 03:10 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by rayray - 06-23-2022, 04:41 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by NilesMike - 06-23-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: fishing & golf - by fenders53 - 06-24-2022, 01:27 AM
RE: fishing & golf - by rayray - 06-24-2022, 06:01 AM
RE: fishing & golf - by fenders53 - 06-24-2022, 12:24 PM