Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 years
well--i got to my 25th year at the company

i'm definitely hoping getting to 30 years, you never know these days, the company can get rid of you or well...i'm 51 now and anything can happen--so i'll do my best to try to do the right thing in many ways lol then hope for the best

i really don't want to retire and do the part time gig unless i have too--maybe work at a winery--i might enjoy that one

my sister does real estate, i told her hey i'll be your grunt

but the point is that i'm at that time and age i need to really prepare for the next phase the "pre-retirement" plan

i'm hoping everything goes smoothly and have everything in place in case i retire in 5 years and 10 years respectively

the closer i get to 59/60 would be the best

or as we use to say as a joke it would be gooder lol
I'm also hitting my 25th anniversary at my company this July.

Cheers to us!!!

My current retirement plan is to work as a librarian. I think I would enjoy organizing the shelves, talking to people as they get their books, helping them find what they are looking for, etc.
(05-20-2022, 12:05 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm also hitting my 25th anniversary at my company this July.

Cheers to us!!!

My current retirement plan is to work as a librarian.  I think I would enjoy organizing the shelves, talking to people as they get their books, helping them find what they are looking for, etc.

congratulations ken!!

we're kind of on the same path, same age, same time with company and kind of same post retirement gig

if i work in the taste room at the winery, it's kind of like a librarian, instead of arranging books i'm stocking wine bottles, and i'd be helping people find the right bottle instead of the right book

the only difference would be the whispering, people tend to get louder the more they drink...of course tasting rooms at a winery are more refined then a bar....getting drunk one tablespoon at a time is harder

i'll have another tablespoon of shiraz, make that a double! 

two tablespoons coming up!!