List the ones your currently way down in

Here Goes

SMG down 37 points 
AMG down 28 points
APD down 42 points
UPST down 53 points 
MU down 18 points

I have others as well
I definitely picked the wrong moment to get into FB! My time horizon is long, but yikes... Tempted to average down, but haven't pulled the trigger yet... I guess we'll see what tonight's earnings report brings!
GOOGL down about 325 pts. I have a GNRC short put that is WAAAAY in the money. Like 40 points.
U and SPIR are the ones where I have the biggest loss in percentages. Not a massive loss in $$$ since my speculative positions tend to be quite small.
Nothing to worry about though, I'm happy holding onto these for the next couple of decades to see where they go.
(04-28-2022, 01:58 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: U and SPIR are the ones where I have the biggest loss in percentages. Not a massive loss in $$$ since my speculative positions tend to be quite small.
Nothing to worry about though, I'm happy holding onto these for the next couple of decades to see where they go.
Is that you Cathie?  Smile
Nothing in my Taxable (dividend) account - down about 6% on T but up counting dividends - and I've been able to sell higher priced shares for a tax loss which helps even more. Still a loser compared with the market but no way to calculate how I've done on what I've bought with the divs.

But I have some doozies in my Roth - TR. Highlights are CHWY and PYPL. I bought when they were well off recent highs. And those levels - $76 and $200 - were still too high. Of more traditional DGI stocks, down 29% on SBUX.
(04-27-2022, 02:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote: . I have a GNRC short put that is WAAAAY in the money. Like 40 points.

I assume you were hiding below the 3/14-3/15 lows?

I no longer speculate in single name stocks. SPX options and dividend growth single names from here on out.
(04-28-2022, 05:52 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 02:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote: .  I have a GNRC short put that is WAAAAY in the money.  Like 40 points.

I assume you were hiding below the 3/14-3/15 lows?

I no longer speculate in single name stocks. SPX options and dividend growth single names from here on out.
My game remains about 85% boring.  I have two volatile stocks I trade.  ENPH and GNRC.  I am very good with holding them long-term.  I consider them volatile but not all that speculative.  I own long shares with low basis and push my luck grabbg income as more shares would be OK.  (Option income is better thought)   I have taken ENPH for 100pt rides and GNRC was good for 200pts not so long ago.  

Without looking, the GNRC trade went down approximately like this.....  When GNRC pulled back to 300-305 I sold a put at strike 280.  Gave myself some room and know I can roll it at least once to buy some time because the premiums are stupid and I get paid to wait (until it gets THIS dumb).  It jumped off a cliff a week later lol.  I have danced with ENPH puts deep in the money a few times with no harm a month or so later.  I have entered GNRC the last three years early spring because they can't make enough portable product when tornados, wildfires and hurricanes season arrives. 

We'll see how it goes but my MAR-APR option selling income is ridiculously good because I have time to stare at a monitor and close or adjust trades when it needs done.  Most of them are boring so it levels out.  My long shares just lay there so this will have to work.

And where is your loss post or do you only win? Smile
[/quote]

And where is your loss post or do you only win? Smile
[/quote]

My last self inflicted loser was ARKK.
ORLY, company stock, is currently beaten down but those are free shares so it doesn't hurt.

Other than a few, very few, small losses in SPX options, that's about it.
And where is your loss post or do you only win?  Smile
[/quote]

My last self inflicted loser was ARKK.
ORLY, company stock, is currently beaten down but those are free shares so it doesn't hurt.

Other than a few, very few, small losses in SPX options, that's about it.
[/quote]

Here's a hard luck investing story.  I have a newish friend, not so young, but part of the 2020 new investor crowd.  He has an adult port but in 2021 he started a Robinhood account to YOLO in with about $25K.  He has all the usual hyped stocks.  HOOD, PLTR, SOFI, HOOD, TDOC, ARKK and about five more I don't remember.  Every single ticker is devastated.  I told him a few months ago to trim anything that even tried to bounce.  He didn't want to take losses too soon so I let it go.  So yesterday TDOC gets cut in half again on a hopeless earnings projection and he asks me if he should sell.  I told him I would before he loses the last 25%.  So he sells, and a couple hours later Cathie Wood doubles down and loads ARKK back up with TDOC, which as I mentioned he also owns.  She has already lost about $400M on the ticker.  I tried not to laugh.   Big Grin