Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My crazy weekend
(04-12-2022, 07:38 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 08:42 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Well what is the final verdict?

I won't be able to give a final verdict for several years.  Hopefully the car stays repair-free for a good long time now!

Did you need a trans or what?
(04-12-2022, 09:17 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 07:38 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 08:42 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Well what is the final verdict?

I won't be able to give a final verdict for several years.  Hopefully the car stays repair-free for a good long time now!

Did you need a trans or what?

That among other things.  It was a costly repair, but I did trust the guy.
ken

i don't even trust my left hand
It's a tough trade. Everyone is suspicious for good reason. You have to be careful as a customer because it is easy to be ripped off. If you find a shop you do trust stay with them because the grass probably isn't greener elsewhere. Definitely research before you go to new shops.
Well I will say the car is running better now then after fixes at the Dealer. He found stuff they didn't, stuff that i knew was making odd sounds.

At any rate, the situation is resolved, the money paid. I've moved on.
(04-25-2022, 06:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Well I will say the car is running better now then after fixes at the Dealer.  He found stuff they didn't, stuff that i knew was making odd sounds.

At any rate, the situation is resolved, the money paid.  I've moved on.

i hate cars
I'll say this, there's something to be said for perpetual leasing. You always have a car that is 0-3 years old, and repairs should never be an issue. As long as you don't have to pony up a downpayment, the monthly payment can just move into your budget.
(04-26-2022, 05:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'll say this, there's something to be said for perpetual leasing.  You always have a car that is 0-3 years old, and repairs should never be an issue.  As long as you don't have to pony up a downpayment, the monthly payment can just move into your budget.

i know a few people who do that and are happy

i buy cars used and keep them for years

2004 acura

2007 toyota tundra

2011 acura
(04-30-2022, 06:58 AM)rayray Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 05:04 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'll say this, there's something to be said for perpetual leasing.  You always have a car that is 0-3 years old, and repairs should never be an issue.  As long as you don't have to pony up a downpayment, the monthly payment can just move into your budget.

2004 acura

2007 toyota tundra

2011 acura
Lots of ways to skin the cat.  I prefer driving older stuff with known reliability, but I can also do some of my own repairs.  On paper leasing doesn't look so great, but not dealing with getting a run around on a problematic car has some value.  

Another option Ken, do the research and lease a car known to last forever.  If it is indeed reliable during your lease, you probably got a good one so just do the buyout at the end of the lease. I think that is superior to just leasing with no regard to reliability because you don't care.
(04-30-2022, 07:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 06:58 AM)rayray Wrote:

2004 acura

2007 toyota tundra

2011 acura
Lots of ways to skin the cat.  I prefer driving older stuff with known reliability, but I can also do some of my own repairs.  On paper leasing doesn't look so great, but not dealing with getting a run around on a problematic car has some value.  

Another option Ken, do the research and lease a car known to last forever.  If it is indeed reliable during your lease, you probably got a good one so just do the buyout at the end of the lease. I think that is superior to just leasing with no regard to reliability because you don't care.

Or, if I've done that research, buy a used car of that type and skip the leasing period.  Yeah, lots of options Smile
It turns out the flames that erupted from my car also blew out the air conditioner condenser, so I'm getting that replaced. Oh, and I have a furnace repair to do in my house as well. Never ending this year!
(05-04-2022, 06:56 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: It turns out the flames that erupted from my car also blew out the air conditioner condenser, so I'm getting that replaced.  Oh, and I have a furnace repair to do in my house as well.  Never ending this year!

cars and houses

pita's!