Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasty Baseball league Started
Hey all. I'm doing better and thanks for all the wonderful wishes and prayers.

For all you Baseball fans. I started a new CBS Sports fantasy baseball league. This is a keeper league. We will be keeping 3 the first year, 4 in 2023 and then 5 in 2024. Entry fee is $60 per team. Hope you all win join in the fun and sign up. The online draft will be either on 4/4 or 4/5 or when we have all teams signed up. I'm looking for 16 teams or as many as we can get. I hope you will all join in the fun and sign up. I can really use some fun about now  Big Grin

Here's the link below

https://cbssports.com/lr/CBGRDEIX

Thanks Craig
Good to hear from you again!

Unfortunately I have zero knowledge of baseball, it's not really my kind of a sport. But I do hope you can fill up all of the spots. Fantasy sports is ridiculously fun, even if I always end up losing. Big Grin
I'll pass but will offer an investing sidebar.

Back in the day, think it was from 25 to about 15 years ago, I was pretty seriously involved in a fantasy NBA league. When I was prepping to fill my IRA I mentioned on SA about how reminiscent my stock selection was to my prep work for fantasy basketball.

I'd look at players, think about their likely fantasy points production, rank them, etc. I was aware of but didn't specifically buy based on sector weights but if I did that would have made a nice position eligibility parallel.

When I looked at my notepads with target prices and my stock index cards laying all over my desk I was really struck by how close my stock selection process was to my fantasy player selection process.

So next time your SO makes fun of you for being very involved in a fantasy sports league, just tell him/her that you're working on your investing skills.*

*Reminds me of when I used to tell guys to learn how to bake bread. Perfect accompaniment to the NFL on Sunday afternoons. You have to do something while waiting for the dough to rise and bread to bake. I told guys if they did this, when someone complained about them sitting around watching football just respond, "That's not what I'm doing. I'm baking bread."
Great to hear you are doing better. I've been playing in a Strato-matic league for years now and that consumes my game time.
(03-29-2022, 01:10 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Great to hear you are doing better.  I've been playing in a Strato-matic league for years now and that consumes my game time.

Never got into Strato-matic.  I play APBA.

Glad to hear that you're doing better divemenow.  I will have to pass on the fantasy baseball league.  I used to play.  With being a CPA and this being my busy season, I just don't have time to put into playing in a league anymore.  Also, having kids eats up into my little bit of free time I have this time of the year.
(03-29-2022, 04:18 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 01:10 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Great to hear you are doing better.  I've been playing in a Strato-matic league for years now and that consumes my game time.

Glad to hear that you're doing better divemenow.  I will have to pass on the fantasy baseball league.  I used to play.  With being a CPA and this being my busy season, I just don't have time to put into playing in a league anymore.  Also, having kids eats up into my little bit of free time I have this time of the year.
A couple friends of mine played it for years and talked me into it.  The online version.  We play a couple seasons a year.  It's pretty fun.  I had not heard of APBA until just now.
(03-29-2022, 04:26 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

A couple friends of mine played it for years and talked me into it.  The online version.  We play a couple seasons a year.  It's pretty fun.  I had not heard of APBA until just now.

Got into APBA back in 1987.  You can play on the computer or with the cards and dice.  Quit playing when I was in college and picked it back up last year when we went on lockdown again.  Enjoy it because it's easy to play solitare or with someone else.  Playing with the cards and dice solitare, I can knock out a game in 20 minutes.  Since I'm on the computer too much anyways, I enjoy the board game aspect of it.  Very realistic too.  Since you're retired again, you should pick it up and compare it against Strat.  I enjoy it.  Good stress reliever and a good way to get my baseball fix in when the season isn't going.  And I can play years from the past to relive those memories.
(03-29-2022, 09:02 PM)ChadR Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 04:26 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Got into APBA back in 1987.  You can play on the computer or with the cards and dice.  Quit playing when I was in college and picked it back up last year when we went on lockdown again.  Enjoy it because it's easy to play solitare or with someone else.  Playing with the cards and dice solitare, I can knock out a game in 20 minutes.  Since I'm on the computer too much anyways, I enjoy the board game aspect of it.  Very realistic too.  Since you're retired again, you should pick it up and compare it against Strat.  I enjoy it.  Good stress reliever and a good way to get my baseball fix in when the season isn't going.  And I can play years from the past to relive those memories.
We play all-time greats league so you can have Cobb and A-Rod if it fits your budget.
I do have the Hall of Fame set so I can play with every HOFer and quit a few additional ones that will be in soon or just short of the hall. 13 teams and every team is a power house. And it's a good way to learn some of the early players and the history of the game.
I cant believe no one wants to play here. I don't even play fantasy baseball but I am willing to help you out and join especially all you have been through. BTW glad your doing better.

Send me the invite and I'm in. I will have my husband help me out and we can co own a team lol

Sound like fun and hopefully I don't embarrass the league Wink