Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pfizer - before the bell
For those with Vested Interest -

Pfizer is scheduled to release Q4 earnings results on Tuesday, February 8th, before market open.
They plan on Holding their investor call at 10 a.m. Eastern time. For those interested in attending
https://pfizer.rev.vbrick.com/#/event-re...db33189a95

The consensus EPS is Estimated at $0.87 (+107.1% Y/Y) and the consensus Revenue Estimate is $24.2B (+107.2% Y/Y).
Over the last 2 years, PFE has beaten EPS estimates 75% of the time and has beaten revenue estimates 75% of the time.
I will be curious to see when the Covid revenue peak is expected. It's been quite the windfall. My guess is the US vaccine market is saturated (peaked anyway), but this will still be a cash cow worldwide for sometime as the therapeutic pill comes to market.
(02-07-2022, 06:46 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I will be curious to see when the Covid revenue peak is expected.  It's been quite the windfall.  My guess is the US vaccine market is saturated (peaked anyway),  but this will still be a cash cow worldwide for sometime as the therapeutic pill comes to market.

We'll be getting vaccinated for this basically forever IMO. The new flu. The key will be (for them) if PFE can stay as a leader in it. I'm not sure how having to come up with a slightly different one for each year's dominant variant impacts LOE either.
Right, it will be the new flu. Old codgers like you and me should get it IMO. Vax rates for the young will drop way down from 2021.

IMO PFE continues to be under appreciated by the market.
(02-08-2022, 08:09 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Right, it will be the new flu.  Old codgers like you and me should get it IMO.  Vax rates for the young will drop way down from 2021.  

Probably. I think refining at-home tests may become more important. If you're younger and choose not to get vaxxed, confirming you don't have it before going over the river and through the wood during holiday season may become a thing. And whatever age, if you want to travel internationally I suspect you'll need to show proof of vax. Brave New World.
(02-08-2022, 08:20 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 08:09 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Right, it will be the new flu.  Old codgers like you and me should get it IMO.  Vax rates for the young will drop way down from 2021.  

Probably. I think refining at-home tests may become more important. If you're younger and choose not to get vaxxed, confirming you don't have it before going over the river and through the wood during holiday season may become a thing. And whatever age, if you want to travel internationally I suspect you'll need to show proof of vax. Brave New World.
It will probably depend some on the quality of the vaccine.  Efficacy and side effects will matter more if you are in a low risk of serious illness category.  Will it remain free?  You may be right on the international travel requirement.  If we don't get anymore "Delta like" variants for a year the population will get comfortable.  Delta killed or maimed some of my friends.  The current one truly is just a cold if you are vaxxed, and maybe not a problem even if you aren't.  We can speculate but of course we wait for the answer.
PFE is too dependent on Covid. That's what the street sees them as. And as Covid numbers come down they wont be able to repeat those numbers.
(02-08-2022, 09:32 AM)stockguru Wrote: PFE is too dependent on Covid. That's what the street sees them as. And as Covid numbers come down they wont be able to repeat those numbers.

I will be jumping on their 10am call.

Phama is all about Pipeline and growth,
And Pfizer has a very Robust pipeline in and of itself (regardless of partnerships and future Bolt on Acquisitions) -

At Present
  • 27 new drugs in Phase 1 trials
  • 25 new drugs in Phase 2 trials
  • 27 new drugs in Phase 3 trials
  • 10 Registration
  • 89Total
You can download their Pipeline here  - https://www.pfizer.com/science/drug-product-pipeline

Their present product list here (too many to count)  - https://www.pfizer.com/products/product-list

- Scoot
(02-08-2022, 09:49 AM)Scooterd Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 09:32 AM)stockguru Wrote: PFE is too dependent on Covid. That's what the street sees them as. And as Covid numbers come down they wont be able to repeat those numbers.

And Pfizer has a very Robust pipeline in and of itself (regardless of partnerships and future Bolt on Acquisitions) -

At Present
  • 10 Registration
  • 89Total
You can download their Pipeline here  - https://www.pfizer.com/science/drug-product-pipeline

Their present product list here (too many to count)  - https://www.pfizer.com/products/product-list

- Scoot

Doesn't matter about PFE. Its what the street see's them as. Nothing has changed in 10 years with this company. At least from the Streets point of view. If you take out Covid this is a $40 stock.
(02-08-2022, 09:49 AM)Scooterd Wrote:

At Present
  • 10 Registration
  • 89Total

- Scoot
Guru is right about market sentiment.  Half of pharma has this problem even though they grow and pay a decent dividend.  I've owned PFE for 26ish years and they habitually attract a lower multiple then they deserve.  They should have a ton of cash now so I am not afraid to own it in reasonable quantities.  I bought a bunch before the Covid runup but sold that.  Still have my long held shares.
PFE has produced annualized returns of 2.45% over the last 20 years, including dividends.

The market sees this earnings boost as being all COVID-related. Until the company proves otherwise, shares will continue to languish, just as they did with GILD when its growth from Hep C drugs fell.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-08-2022, 11:53 AM)EricL Wrote: PFE has produced annualized returns of 2.45% over the last 20 years, including dividends.

The market sees this earnings boost as being all COVID-related. Until the company proves otherwise, shares will continue to languish, just as they did with GILD when its growth from Hep C drugs fell.

2000 - Present
Start DateJan-31-2000
Start Price $16.08
End Date Feb-07-2022
End Price $53.21
Total Return 230.82%
Annualized Return 5.57%

2005 - Present
Start Date Jan-31-2005
Start Price $11.55
End Date Feb-07-2022
End Price $53.21
Total Return 360.68%
Annualized Return 9.35%

2010- Present
Start Date Jan-29-2010
Start Price $11.23
End Date Feb-07-2022
End Price $53.21
Total Return 373.87%
Annualized Return 13.74%

2015-present
Start Date Jan-30-2015
Start Price $22.70
End Date Feb-07-2022
End Price $53.21
Total Return 134.39%
Annualized Return 12.78%

2020 - Present
Start Date Jan-31-2020
Start Price $32.73
End Date Feb-07-2022
End Price $53.21
Total Return 62.57%
Annualized Return 26.27%

The US bear market of 2007–2009 was a 17-month bear market that lasted from October 9, 2007 to March 9, 2009

Start Date Oct-31-2007
End Date Mar-31-2009

Market Total Return Neg 46.69%
Pfizer Total Return Neg 38.89%
Market Annualized Return Neg 35.86%
Pfizer Annualized Return Neg 29.37%