Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron's portfolio in retirement
Ron's Week in Dividend Land

Divvies received - O, PBA, STOR

Bought with these divvies - SCHD, GLW

Trimmed - JNJ, PEP - Bought with proceeds, SCHD

Forward Dividend dollars increased.

Forward Portfolio Dividend growth increased.

What is not to like?

Next week, nothing happening dividend wise, unless there is an increase announced. I am not expecting one.
(07-10-2022, 08:22 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I think we will probably get another special soon.  This may be peak earnings quarter but even if they fall back they will still be incredibly profitable.  They may buyback shares or accelerate debt repayment as well.  None of these are bad options.  I am just guessing they won't raise the base dividend a lot because it could be problematic years from now.

I think you could be right, though the CEO seems to be holding off on buy backs unless the share price goes down significantly more

I do expect a good increase in the regular dividend.

Does not seem to me, from looking at the data, that they have a lot of debt to repay
(07-15-2022, 01:01 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 08:22 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I think we will probably get another special soon.  This may be peak earnings quarter but even if they fall back they will still be incredibly profitable.  They may buyback shares or accelerate debt repayment as well.  None of these are bad options.  I am just guessing they won't raise the base dividend a lot because it could be problematic years from now.

I think you could be right, though the CEO seems to be holding off on buy backs unless the share price goes down significantly more

I do expect a good increase in the regular dividend.

Does not seem to me, from looking at the data, that they have a lot of debt to repay
I own more EOG than I should by port %.  Of course I hope they keep paying us special divs.  I think they will.  This quarter is very likely peak earnings for this year.  The $200 oil spot price hope is dead this year, but the well run oil companies never needed that anyway.
Ron's week in Dividend land:

No point in waiting on this, my activity is this sphere is over for the week.

Dividends received: STOR, O and PBA

Shares bought: SCHD and GLW

My pattern of receiving dividends from higher yielders and putting the funds into mid-yield fast or very fast dividend growers continues. It is working in increasing dividend growth and dividend income.

Next Thursday, Friday and the following Monday the dividend spigot reopens. August is one of our slowest dividend months, but there will still be dividends to reinvest around the first and the middle of the month.

Y'all have a good weekend!!
I know a few people that fund better growers with high yielders. The logic makes sense to me.
Ron's week in Dividend Land

No buying this week, but I received dividends from:

CM, UTG, EOG and CM. If you count EOG's special dividends this year, those are all high dividend .

Monday I will get dividends from PTY, TD, and VZ.

Tuesday I will be buying, following my plan of using those payments from high yielders to add to mid-yield, fast dividend growers. Not sure yet what I am going to purchase, but the candidates in our portfolios are: GLW, AMGN, SCHD, and TROW.

Not planning on venturing outside of current holdings at this time.
have you ever looked at preferreds? my buddy who retired in 2006 has had good luck with them over the years
I owneed PFF at one time, but no I have not looked at them closely
This week in Ron's Dividend Land, aka the Dog Days of Summer.

Received dividends from TD, VZ and PTY

Bought shares of SCHD and GLW. I know that has become a broken record, but...I am building those positions

And, in Dividend News:

+++++

EOG Resources declares $1.50/share special dividend

Aug. 04, 2022 4:26 PM ET
EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG)
By: Preeti Singh, SA News Editor 1 Comment

EOG Resources (NYSE:EOG) declares $1.50/share special dividend.

Payable Sept. 29; for shareholders of record Sept. 15; ex-div Sept. 14.
+++++

That will make $6.55 per share paid this year, or an dividend yield of a little over 6% so far. I will take it.
EOG did not play hedging well at all this quarter but this is a fine consolation prize I think. The income from EOG has been incredible this year+. I need to lighten up on oil a bit soon but it's hard until the stocks run just a bit. They sure aren't going to lose any money soon.
Ron's Week in Dividend Land

Received dividends from TXN, O, KMI and PBA.

Bought shares of TROW and GLW.

Not much activity next week. Picks up in late August and early September. Though a big month, much of September's activity is backloaded in that month.
Ron's week in Dividend Land

Hi everyone. I skipped last week. Only dividend received then was RY.

This week I received dividends from ENB, ETO, UTG, PTY and WEC.

I purchased SCHD and TROW.

A bit on ENB. I came to it from my shares in SE. That was a while back. ENB was just below the Simply Safe Dividends Safe dividend range, with a score of 57. In July it was upgraded by SSD to a score of 70, midway into the Safe range. I am glad I held onto it. It remains our largest income producer.
That is about it for this week. We are now in our largest income producing month of the quarterly cycle and as a bonus we will get a special dividend from EOG this month.

All of you who celebrate the USA Labor Day, have a great weekend!!