Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January Defense Contract awards
Defense department Contract awards for January 2022 Here - https://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts/

Example -
The Lockheed Martin Corp., Marietta, Georgia, has been awarded a $1,420,000,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for the C-130J mission sustainment support effort. This contract provides for contractor logistics support and sustainment of the C-130J aircraft fleet. Work will be performed in Marietta, Georgia, and is expected to be completed by Jan. 31, 2032.
Something very interesting that I read regarding current/future contracts, is that the Boeing KC-46 Pegasus tanker aircraft is apparently a mess of a program, and that LMT has proposed to create an tanker version of the Airbus A320(?) as a potential competitor. It would be a pretty huge step for the US military to essentially grab an European airframe, even though they will be built in the US, but I'd love to see it happen.

Boeing is such a mess these days, they need to get their stuff together.
(02-01-2022, 06:23 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Something very interesting that I read regarding current/future contracts, is that the Boeing KC-46 Pegasus tanker aircraft is apparently a mess of a program, and that LMT has proposed to create an tanker version of the Airbus A320(?) as a potential competitor. It would be a pretty huge step for the US military to essentially grab an European airframe, even though they will be built in the US, but I'd love to see it happen.

Boeing is such a mess these days, they need to get their stuff together.
That would shock me, and yes Boeing is still a mess.