Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KLA-Tencor - Solid quarter
KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC) reported on Thursday second quarter earnings that beat analysts' forecasts and revenue that topped expectations.Earnings per share of $5.59. Revenue rose to $2.35 billion from $1.65 billion in the year-ago quarter beating wall street estimates. Wall street anticipated EPS of $5.44 on revenue of $2.33B.

As of this comment -
Shares lost 5.43% in after-hours trade following the report on weak outlooks for the "March-ending quarter" risk becoming a drumbeat for the chip sector at large given this week’s earnings reports.

Tomorrow I will be heavily increasing my share count in KLAC and FSELX. I am well positioned to afford the markets overreaction to the  short term headwinds facing the semi industry for much longer term robust gain. I am of the opinion the supply chain issues will unwind in 2022 / 2023 and I want to be overweight Semi's when (not if) they rebound.

The best time to buy Quality is when Quality companies
go on sale due to short term economic headwinds.
 - Scoot

“Purchasing a business at a price that provides reasonable assurance of a generous margin for error is an erudite way of saying to ourselves, ‘Buy low, stupid’”- Frank Martin
Haven't owned it for over 25 years. I didn't know they were still around. I will have to check them out.