Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Going On Tonight?
Lots of new members all of a sudden tonight! Very exciting. Just a coincidence, or did we get a new mention somewhere? Just curious.
(09-26-2013, 09:56 PM)Kerim Wrote: Lots of new members all of a sudden tonight! Very exciting. Just a coincidence, or did we get a new mention somewhere? Just curious.

mentioned on
<valueforum.com>
Thanks Athens99 -- thought it had to be something like that! And welcome to the forum!
Also mentioned at least twice at Investor Village. My mention was after joining and having a positive user experience with both the group here as well as the interface.
Alex
Thanks very much for the mention over there hendi_alex!
Kind of bizarre, right? Dozens of new members in the last 12 hours and not a single one of them makes a single post?
(09-27-2013, 09:22 AM)TomK Wrote: Kind of bizarre, right? Dozens of new members in the last 12 hours and not a single one of them makes a single post?

I agree. Happy to have the community grow, but a little strange to have so many new folks registering without any of them posting. Huh

No harm done, though.
That is one of the issues at my Investor Village board. Lots of lurkers but very few contributors. IMO it is not healthy for the tone of the boards to be mostly set by a few prolific posters. On the other hand, in the absence of a broad base of posters, the active posters keep the boards alive and help attract more participants.
Alex
link was posted last night on Value Fourm and at least 3 members and My self registered
Referenced on value forum. Thought i would check it out.
Hi nicky and fh4716 -- glad you are here. I hope you find it worthwhile to stick around and join in the conversations. Also, I would be grateful for any feedback you have about the site and any ideas to make it a more useful and engaging place.

Thanks.

Kerim