Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 earnings Guidance ouch
Boston Beer SAM today cut its 2021 EPS expectations

SAM now expects 2021 EPS between -$1 and $1 down from its previous guidance of between $2-$6 

SAM also expects shipment growth and gross margins to be below its prior guidance due to higher-than-expected supply chain costs. 

Kind of saw this coming! 

I figured we could start a thread and post companies who’s growth is slowing and cutting guidance for 2022
Disappointed in JPM . How did they miss so bad?

JPMorgan Chase & Co. said Friday its fourth-quarter profit fell to $10.4 billion, or $3.33 a share, from $12.14 billion, or $3.79 a share in the year-ago quarter. Managed revenue rose 1% to $30.3 billion, with reported revenue of $29.3 billion. The megabank was expected to earn $3.01 a share and generate revenue of $29.78 billion, according to a survey of analysts by FactSet. Total Markets revenue of $5.3 billion fell 11%, including a drop of 16% in fixed income markets and a 2% dip in equity ma
That was surprising. The media looks to Dimon for the secret teachings of Wall Street. I haven't read the details but that does sound like a significant miss for JPM. They usually sand bag their analysts so they can beat.
Good idea for a new topic. Personally, I'm not expecting huge guidance cuts from the companies that I own. One or two of them will probably do it anyway, umm.. let me guess the reasons "supply chain issues" and "unexpected increase in prices of materials that we need to buy".
(01-14-2022, 11:17 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Good idea for a new topic. Personally, I'm not expecting huge guidance cuts from the companies that I own. One or two of them will probably do it anyway, umm.. let me guess the reasons "supply chain issues" and "unexpected increase in prices of materials that we need to buy".
Just a guess, but I think there will be just enough guidance cuts to keep the market nervous.  These are not easy times to navigate and projections are fairly lofty.  The upside is some buying opportunities will occur.  If a major sector player stumbles there will be a reaction across that sector.  I do have a few core holdings that might disappoint.
(01-14-2022, 11:17 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Good idea for a new topic. Personally, I'm not expecting huge guidance cuts from the companies that I own. One or two of them will probably do it anyway, umm.. let me guess the reasons "supply chain issues" and "unexpected increase in prices of materials that we need to buy".

Don't forget labor. Either pay hikes or lack of workers.
Listened to the JPM earnings call. I have a lot of respect for Jamie Dimon but he was on defense when the analysts asked hard questions. FED rate hike has not actually happened and the stock ran like it was already done. I'll be curious to hear the other major bank calls but probably more of the same. They will be fine but FINTECH competition is here now and it won't get easier.