Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten 2022 Predictions.
(01-04-2022, 11:19 AM)Scooterd Wrote:
(01-04-2022, 11:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Where have you been Scooter?  I've been waiting days for you to see that.   Tongue   You see me trying to get somebody to make a Vegas style bet on them?  I get the other 11 teams.  The Packers are very good and that home field advantage is rough.   Not many teams play well there this time of year.

I enjoy fly fishing for brookies.  We don't have many in Iowa so I usually have to go to WI.

My better half (and best friend) works in a cancer center of a large hospital. Her patients are immunocompromised due to their conditions, chemo, radiation, dialysis, etc..and many cannot be vaccinated due to their weakened state.

Though we are both vaccinated and boostered, I still managed to be exposed to this omicron crap. Been under the weather for the past week.
You take care.  I'm on day 14 but only a few of them were bad.  My wife's immuno isn't great and all and she whipped it in about 5 days. (Unvaxxed).  Go figure.
No idea if you'll be correct on 1-8, but your 9 and 10 predictions are spot on and you will be correct on those 2 at least.
(01-04-2022, 07:16 PM)ChadR Wrote: No idea if you'll be correct on 1-8, but your 9 and 10 predictions are spot on and you will be correct on those 2 at least.
LOL

Scooter, Texas Chad is in the house  I am pretty sure he is not counting on Houston to knock you out of the playoffs so connect the dots back to Dallas.  Smile  

He'll correct me if he has another plan.  Or maybe it's Ol' man Tom?  Aaron already had Covid so that's not going to work out.
It will be the Cowboys or second best option is Texas Tech's own Patrick Mahomes getting another ring.
(01-05-2022, 04:28 PM)ChadR Wrote: It will be the Cowboys or second best option is Texas Tech's own Patrick Mahomes getting another ring.
Chiefs haven't had a great season when I was viewing, but I love watching Mahomes play.  He is more talented than most and fearless in the clutch.  In fairness, he reminds me of Rodgers.  On our own 40yd line with 17 seconds left.  It's not over because I have time for a setup pass and then I'll put it in the end zone where it can be caught.  Short list of QBs that can do that a few times a year.
(01-05-2022, 05:05 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 04:28 PM)ChadR Wrote: It will be the Cowboys or second best option is Texas Tech's own Patrick Mahomes getting another ring.
Chiefs haven't had a great season when I was viewing, but I love watching Mahomes play.  He is more talented than most and fearless in the clutch.  In fairness, he reminds me of Rodgers.  On our own 40yd line with 17 seconds left.  It's not over because I have time for a setup pass and then I'll put it in the end zone where it can be caught.  Short list of QBs that can do that a few times a year.

Penalty ridden Dallas should make it past Eagles this week however; if everything remains as is (seeding wise), as in Rams beet Niners this weekend) going into playoffs I think Dallas best just worry about getting past the Cards. The Cards will be looking for a repeat of week 1 and week 17 if present #4 Dallas meets present #5 Cards.

Someday's The big D is their own worst enemy. (Number 1 in penalties this year in the league cost them over 1055 + yards). And some teams just match up well in a particular season. 17 false starts, 26 Offensive holdings, 10 defensive Pass Interference ain't gonna get it done in the Big "D". Will have to wait and see what Dallas team shows up.

Uh-oo Texas gal lookin over my shoulder trying to keep me from hitting post button... Haha too late Smile
Oops... think I got the couch tonight!!!

- Scoot
Enjoying this thread even if it it went off topic. Cowboys are a good team but inconsistent IMO. Packers have been very solid in a weak division. I only threw out that comment for your benefit, and because the playoffs only end as predicted about half the time. Every team in the playoffs is above average and they are all pros capable of a good game. Then the SB happens on neutral turf.
As far as the NFL is concerned, I grew up in DC....

sigh
(01-05-2022, 09:25 PM)Kerim Wrote: As far as the NFL is concerned, I grew up in DC....

sigh
I was a Redskin fan since I was 7yrs old.  Nothing was more fun than the Skins and Cowboys rivalry.  Then my team stopped trying to field a competitive team and I pay little attention to them after a decade of that.  Jurgensen and coach Allen vs Staubach and coach Landry.  That was good football and it kept getting better.

And since this turned into a football thread, Favre was one of my favorites QBs ever. I like a guy that will play today because you can get that surgery when the playoffs are over. He was tough.
We had some good years when I was a kid, under Gibbs with the Hogs and Riggo -- and of course Dave Butz! Distant memories now. I've pretty much given up on the NFL entirely at this point. At least the Caps have had some good seasons in recent years to keep me going.
(01-07-2022, 07:28 PM)Kerim Wrote: We had some good years when I was a kid, under Gibbs with the Hogs and Riggo -- and of course Dave Butz! Distant memories now. I've pretty much given up on the NFL entirely at this point. At least the Caps have had some good seasons in recent years to keep me going.
Absolutely dominant when coach Gibbs was in charge.  The last real attempt to field a winning team was whatever year they drafted both RGIII and Kirk Cousins.  I understand a real fan is patient, but when your team's ownership takes over a decade off from caring it's hard to be loyal.  We're supposed to pay big money to watch a team with next to zero chance of even playing .500.  My Minnesota Twins do that for years at a time as well.  I am getting old and cynical.    Smile
Great weekend for football,

Was a bit miffed Aaron took a chance on getting injured to start in an inconsequential game against Det.
(What was GB even thinking)

As I'm Typing LV/LA going at it. Raiders off to a good start.

Steelers - Gotta hand it to Big Ben, as long as this game doesn't tie, Steelers are in.
They kept their playoff hopes alive by converting on a 4th and 9. !!! - Terrible towels gotta be celebrating in Steel Town tonight.
Not bad for an old man!!! Way to go Big Ben. Looks quite possible you'll have to postpone that retirement just a little bit longer.

NFC Playoffs all locked up
Eagles will face Tampa Bay
With 49ers win over Rams (Hell of a game) they will face the Cowboys
Cardinals will face the Rams.

- Scoot