Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 Dividend Aristocrat changes - Current thru 10/21
(01-02-2022, 09:02 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I simply want a list of stocks that have raised the dividend enough to keep up with inflation for the last 25 years.  IBM going $1.62 -> $1.63 -> $1.64 in the last 3 years is the antithesis of that.

And they are deemed a new Aristocrat where they will remain for years.  There are many utilities that have never missed a div for 50 years, but froze it for years at a time.  The list is losing some meaning.   

I too want dividends that grow faster than inflation, but over a longer period.  A solid company that boosted it 3% this year coming out of a pandemic when inflation turned out to be 6% isn't a bust, provided inflation returns closer to normal as we expect it to. 

The better list is stocks with a 10 year div growth rate at 15%, that have survived a rough economic patch, and trying to make the aristocrat list.  Nothing really magical about 25 years.  Managing your balance sheet through two recessions means more to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021 Dividend Aristocrat changes - Current thru 10/21 - by fenders53 - 01-02-2022, 09:41 AM