Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what??
(07-05-2022, 06:12 AM)NilesMike Wrote: May I ask how old some you are? I'm 62.5 and still working enough to qualify for Medical insurance. When I qualify for Medicare I will work less and would like to do mid day activities. Tennis, bowling and very casual open hockey.

I see myself working as long as I am able. 2-3 days a week 4-5 hours at a time just to keep a routine and have more socialization. I think the limited socialization that some people face is very detrimental to one's overall well being.
I am a few months away from 60.  I agree on the socialization aspect.  I miss it a lot some days and will need to adjust my routine a bit.  No work at least for this year.  I sold a rental on a short contract several years ago.  The buyer informed me he intended to make large weekly payments and pay me off, and he is doing exactly that.  My tax plan just got altered so no more taxable income from work this year.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what?? - by fenders53 - 07-05-2022, 07:09 AM