Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what??
(12-25-2021, 12:11 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Brian is a genius! What became of him?

Ran his own Flower Shop in New City, Rockland County. We were the ultimate Odd Couple in college. Cracked everyone up. He liked flowers and people used to call him Mr. GQ. I played polo and was on the rodeo team. We told people we got along so well because we had so little in common that we never had anything to argue about.

He was about to sell the shop and retire when cancer took him a few years ago. That was a shock, early-50's. Also got me a lot more serious about retirement planning.

I really think there is some validity in that.  I tell people I've been married for 35 years and at least 30 of them were happy lol.  We had very little in common.  She thought investing was a waste of perfectly good spending money.   Smile  She didn't care if I played in the garage 20HRs a week.  I let her do her thing too.  Over time she did become interested in some of my hobbies.  My wife (and my daughter) have watched so many New Yankee Workshop episodes that they can now talk intelligently about joinery techniques even though they have mostly just watched me do it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what?? - by fenders53 - 12-25-2021, 12:55 PM