Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what??
(12-22-2021, 09:44 AM)Scooterd Wrote: As I mentioned yesterday to cemanuel

I'm pretty lucky - Farm maintenance keeps me outdoors and off the couch. In winter months a little less but at minimum thrice a day 4am - 7am, Noon - 2, and again 4pm - 7pm most days.

I also step in and work for a local Vet (help run labs, surgeries, administration when one of her full time staff call out sick or take a vacation. (She taught me a whole new set of skills so late in life, I love it).

I also rent myself out as a handy man for only "elderly folks" in my community. (usually charge "exact cost" of material's and a lunch or dinner).

I also still accept the occasional Defense contract, but only if it meets my terms.

Hobbies? I have my '46 Mercury Truck, crude carpentry, and metal work (Learning to weld a proper bead!!)

My better half tells her friends I will never fully retire.
Metal work can be fun.  I'm no master welder but fixing holes in classic auto sheet metal was a good way to learn.  No harm done while you learn if you don't overheat things.  That's why they make grinders. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ok, so we are old and retired. Now what?? - by fenders53 - 12-22-2021, 09:49 AM