Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Week in Dividend Land
It has been my practice for some time to do a weekly recap.  So, I am starting this thread here, and hopefully will be able find it again next week Smile

Pretty good week in my dividend land.

Received some dividends, reinvested them in some more shares of EOG. Projected dividends over the next 12 months are at an all time high for us. Even with today's action, our portfolio balances are still near an all time high.

Next week is a quiet one in our dividend land, but the last week of December and the first half of January pick up the pace quite a bit. Expect a few more dividend increase announcements in February. Things are going according to plan

Looks like we will end up with 11.5% increase in dividend/distribution income in 2021. I am happy with that. Our goal for 2022 is another 10% increase in dividend/distribution income. I will be pleased with that.  I thought it was going to be 10.8%, but then I bought some EOG and they are giving a $2 a share special dividend on December 30.

If SSD projections are accurate, we are already about a third of the way there, without any dividend reinvestments or additional dividend increases from any of our companies in 2022.

Ya'll have a good weekend.

Oh, also next week we get our COVID booster shots. We are very happy about that.
I will enjoy your updates. Stormy markets interrupted my transition to my retirement entry port. I have controlled chaos at the moment.
You've mentioned SSD projections several times. I just use E*Trade, which does it all for you. It tells you your Estimated Income, provides a dividend delivery chart for the next year, tells you your portfolio yield, etc. The only thing it doesn't do is provide yield on cost.

I'm so happy your dividends are growing by 10% annually. That's awesome! Looking forward to your updates as well.

Since I'll be converting the remainder of my (current) company stock into the DGI port in 2022, it won't be fair to compare the dividend increase year over year until 2023. My computations show that I will increase my dividends from the ~ $7600 they are now to ~ $13400 after that's completed. Factor in additional deposits and dividend increases and I'll probably end 2022 at around $15,000. Heh, it doesn't cover my mortgage alone until it reaches $26,500 so I still have a l .. o .. n .. g way to go.
SSD is more attentive to Div safety than many sources. And sustained 10% growth is good. I love DGI but you need a huge port to live off it without other income sources. Putting one's entire port in high yield ends bad eventually
(12-18-2021, 11:17 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: You've mentioned SSD projections several times.  I just use E*Trade, which does it all for you.  It tells you your Estimated Income, provides a dividend delivery chart for the next year, tells you your portfolio yield, etc.  The only thing it doesn't do is provide yield on cost.

I'm so happy your dividends are growing by 10% annually.  That's awesome!  Looking forward to your updates as well.

Since I'll be converting the remainder of my (current) company stock into the DGI port in 2022, it won't be fair to compare the dividend increase year over year until 2023.  My computations show that I will increase my dividends from the ~ $7600 they are now to ~ $13400 after that's completed.  Factor in additional deposits and dividend increases and I'll probably end 2022 at around $15,000.  Heh, it doesn't cover my mortgage alone until it reaches $26,500 so I still have a l .. o .. n .. g way to go.

SSD is more than estimating your forward dividends - that is easly replicated in a spreadsheet.  It is pretty much a dividend focused site, with a decade worth of key ratios on each stock in their coverage universe, research reports, etc.  They also run three different dividend growth related real*money portfolios and publish a monthly news letter.

If it was only a place that projected your dividends (dividend rate multipled by the number of shares you own in each company, it would not be worth it
(12-18-2021, 12:57 PM)fenders53 Wrote: SSD is more attentive to Div safety than many sources. And sustained 10% growth is good.  I love DGI but you need  a huge port to live off it without other income sources.  Putting one's entire port in high yield ends bad eventually

I agree with that.  We also have pensions and SS.  As we go along, I will provide more information about our portfolios.  In  video call with my late brother's wife and I need to get back to that - but I can take a break and the wife talks with her Smile.  She is pretty much the only person who I advise on her portfolio.