Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSX - Some Analysis Done - more to do.
Have not pulled the Trigger yet. Much More Analysis needs to be done over the next few weeks.

However, On the surface PSX is shaping up to be quite an attractive "potential" new Long term addition to my existing DGI portfolio as we trend closer into 2022. Though I rarely add any NEW positions for the long haul (instead opting to increase the share count of my existing holdings), I have been monitoring PSX throughout all of 2021 waiting for the right pitch. Their diversified business model would nestle quite well into my existing portfolio, and with the companies focus now shifted to concentrate more on midstream, renewables and chemicals the transition has made their business model much more stable. 

This will be my Homework over the next few weeks as I await their 4th Qtr earnings call on Jan 28th and see how it all pans out.

Presently  -
EPS (FWD) 4.15
PE (FWD)16.98
Div Rate (FWD) $3.68
Yield (FWD) 5.19%
Market Cap $30.90B
Exp EPS Growth (3-5 yr) 19.89%

PSX beat 2021 Q1 earnings by $0.24, beat Q2 earnings by $0.14, Q3 earnings by $1.23

- Scoot

It is not the profit margin of the past but those of the future that are basically important to the investor.” Higher inflation raises a company’s expenses and, coupled with competition,  will compress profit margins. Eyes have to be on how a company’s strategy will  reduce costs and improve profit margins over the long term. - ― Philip A. Fisher

Use an appropriate "margin of safety" to manage risk. This way, you will not lose too much when you are wrong, and you will make much more when you are right. This way you can let your portfolio generate higher than market returns with less risk, in a sustainable and stable way"- Li Lu
I'll be interested to hear your conclusion.