Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies about Finance / Economy / Etc.
Inspired by cemanuel's new TV thread, I thought I'd mention that I also love good movies about money, finance, investing, etc:

The Big Short
Too Big To Fail
Margin Call
The Wolf of Wall Street
Trading Places
Barbarians at the Gate
Arbitrage
Wall Street
Boiler Room

What are your favorites? Which ones am I forgetting?
(12-17-2021, 11:04 AM)Kerim Wrote: Inspired by cemanuel's new TV thread, I thought I'd mention that I also love good movies about money, finance, investing, etc:

The Big Short
Too Big To Fail
Margin Call
The Wolf of Wall Street
Trading Places
Barbarians at the Gate
Arbitrage
Wall Street
Boiler Room

I really like The Big Short.

I got about halfway through The Wolf of Wall Street - can't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd orgy when I turned it off.

It's a Wonderful Life has a certain financial aspect to it - hey, 'tis the season!
(12-17-2021, 11:04 AM)Kerim Wrote: Inspired by cemanuel's new TV thread, I thought I'd mention that I also love good movies about money, finance, investing, etc:

The Big Short
Too Big To Fail
Margin Call
The Wolf of Wall Street
Trading Places
Barbarians at the Gate
Arbitrage
Wall Street
Boiler Room

I've only seen a few of those.  I should save up and get the internet soon.  Smile
The Big Short is excellent. Probably my favorite on your list of the ones that I've seen. Boiler Room or Trading Places a close second.
Yeah, The Big Short is just excellent. And I'm not sure I'd say Margin Call is a good movie, but I'm always riveted by it nonetheless -- it just captures the moment of the collapse from such an interesting perspective.

Good call on It's a Wonderful Life, cemanuel!
We should also compile a list of excellent documentaries on this stuff...
Well this one is a series, not a movie, but close enough?

Billions from HBO.
A great mix of politics and finance. Looks like there are currently 5 seasons out, with the 6th one starting in January.
Good call, CG. First couple of seasons of Billions were great fun. Kinda loses its way in later seasons, IMO.
I've only seen the first 3 seasons and they were indeed excellent.
I'll continue with season 4 at some point when I find the time.