Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what is your favorite stock that is getting murdered right now?
(12-15-2021, 08:25 PM)fenders53 Wrote: I trade some around core positions.  Mostly when options force me in or out of some of the position.  It's actually where most of my ports income has come from for years now.  I sell a LOT of puts and that works extremely well in a sideways or up market.  A few here trade more regularly, but it's  a side game for me. The solar stocks I mentioned are a side game but it's real money to me.  Several sectors I like have went nowhere this year but adding and trimming the volatility has worked.  I am way up on utilities this year.  They've went nowhere and I try to nab most of the dividends.  I have at least a half dozen stocks  that feed me monthly income and are stuck in a range.  I do hate being stuck with a stock in a range that pays no dividend.  I option my way out of them when I can.

I did quite a bit of trading when I first got into stocks, prior to settling on DGI which is much more buy-and-hold for me. One I remember being particularly dependable was MU based on RSI. Below 40, buy. Above 65, sell. Rinse, wash, repeat. There were others.

TWLO taught me to trade around a long position rather than completely in and out - if I like the company. In 2017 I made several successful (I thought) trades between the low 20's and low 30's. Uh, guess where it is now? If I don't like the company I now will never own it in the first place. Back then I just looked for good trade stocks. Another I made money on was GPRO but today I wouldn't buy it, or the 2017 version of it.

I'll do some of this in the IRA if I have time. May not either. I won't know what retirement looks like until I'm in it for a bit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what is your favorite stock that is getting murdered right now? - by cemanuel - 12-16-2021, 06:07 AM