Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what is your favorite stock that is getting murdered right now?
(12-15-2021, 12:39 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 12:30 PM)cemanuel Wrote: For dividend-payers BBY and WSM have been dropping lately. I'm a double on both - actually a triple in WSM - so this makes it easier to take. I'm hoping prices stay right where they are (or lower) with those two until after February 19.
IMO both of those will do well enough as long as the market doesn't crash for real.  Who knows what they do in the next 30 days?  We don't have to know that and we never will.  If the wider market is struggling (which it is right now) and you have nothing getting beaten up, you may not be diversified enough.  This is just part of the game and why I try not to own large positions in anything I don't truly believe will be fine long-term.

As long as they keep paying a dividend and growing it by double-digits each year they're doing well for me in my taxable account.

IRA will be TR so looking for a bit different performance. WSM has also been a great trading stock the last year or so. It sets up in very nice channels. I only do this with a company I like but I could trade around a long position with it. Even though it went higher for a bit, the $170/190 trade has been working.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what is your favorite stock that is getting murdered right now? - by cemanuel - 12-15-2021, 07:53 PM