Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what is your favorite stock that is getting murdered right now?
(12-22-2021, 07:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 07:20 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: TGT was up so high for me earlier this year; now it's almost back to break even.  Sob sob.
I bailed on most of my retail awhile ago.  Not because they aren't great companies.  TGT isn't even at an overvalued PE ratio.  They need some more government money to keep knocking the lights out.  That debate is dead for now but the economy will be juiced some more, some how some way.

I got news for you. Government money whether they give it out or not doesn't really affect Target much at all. Stop listening to all the bone heads on CNBC that tell you that  Big Grin

TGT will do well in any environment. They actually made more money before the covid and all the stimulus checks. 

I have been aggressively adding to TGT in recent days. One of the few good buying opportunities in the market right now. Its all about the supply chain right now. But TGT CEO is one the best in the game. They carry there own containers and knew they has to buy goods ahead of the curve. Smart
(12-23-2021, 05:53 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 07:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 07:20 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: TGT was up so high for me earlier this year; now it's almost back to break even.  Sob sob.
I bailed on most of my retail awhile ago.  Not because they aren't great companies.  TGT isn't even at an overvalued PE ratio.  They need some more government money to keep knocking the lights out.  That debate is dead for now but the economy will be juiced some more, some how some way.

I got news for you. Government money whether they give it out or not doesn't really affect Target much at all. Stop listening to all the bone heads on CNBC that tell you that  Big Grin

TGT will do well in any environment. They actually made more money before the covid and all the stimulus checks. 

I have been aggressively adding to TGT in recent days. One of the few good buying opportunities in the market right now. Its all about the supply chain right now. But TGT CEO is one the best in the game. They carry there own containers and knew they has to buy goods ahead of the curve. Smart

I agree with that 100%. People will always spend at TGT no matter what. Of course the government money helps but not a deal breaker at all. My wife spends more money at Target then anywhere else. We don't go anywhere near a Wamart lol. I'm sure most spend at Target. Its Target and Amazon for us and the family.
You guys keep on cheerleading. Smile The stock ran 5X since 2016 and they most definitely benefited from free Covid bucks programs. Their 2023 revenue projections say so. And the tape says I am right. Down $25: just like that.

TGT is a great company. I own it most of the time. HD has more to drop as well. TGT valuation looks better at the moment.
(12-15-2021, 02:29 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: BABA definitely deserves a mention.

LMT has gotten butchered for months now. The last earnings were bad... but I still think it's a great long-term hold.

CELH is still super expensive but down to levels where I think it's worth a look. This is a pure growth play, and they certainly have growth.

U is starting to flirt with buy territory here... I'd rather get it sub $120 but I'm ok with it here too.

Time to return to this one.

BABA - seems to be down another 20% from writing this. How did it get this bad this fast?

LMT - told ya. It never goes wrong (long-term) with these defense companies.

CELH - Don't ask me how, a stock with this much hype should have gotten murdered, dug up, murdered again, and burned once or twice for good measure. Yet here we are, YTD high.

U - yeah let's not talk about this one Big Grin
(07-21-2022, 02:54 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 02:29 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: BABA definitely deserves a mention.

LMT has gotten butchered for months now. The last earnings were bad... but I still think it's a great long-term hold.

CELH is still super expensive but down to levels where I think it's worth a look. This is a pure growth play, and they certainly have growth.

U is starting to flirt with buy territory here... I'd rather get it sub $120 but I'm ok with it here too.

Time to return to this one.

BABA - seems to be down another 20% from writing this. How did it get this bad this fast?

LMT - told ya. It never goes wrong (long-term) with these defense companies.

CELH - Don't ask me how, a stock with this much hype should have gotten murdered, dug up, murdered again, and burned once or twice for good measure. Yet here we are, YTD high.

U - yeah let's not talk about this one Big Grin
I scrolled up and some of my fortune telling doesn't look too good either.   Big Grin
VZ and NIO have been pummeled. VZ looks like a decent investment soon. NIO is the Tesla of China IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-24-2022, 06:59 PM)bankerboy Wrote: VZ and NIO have been pummeled. VZ looks like a decent investment soon. NIO is the Tesla of China IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a point where VZ is a strong buy.  The obscene capital requirements and associated debt are the constant problem the entire sector will face until technology changes.  I have a put sold on VZ right now.  I would be comfortable with a sub 38 entry. DOn;t confuse that with me calling a bottom. Smile  My guess would have been low 40s if you asked me a quarter ago.
VZ has returned 2.78% over the last 20 years, 4.94% over the last 10, and -3.77% over the last 5.

I held T way too long because of the dividend, and I see others doing the same now with VZ.

VZ is a capital-intensive business in a saturated market with increasing competition.

The dividend yield is nice, but with no growth, you are losing to inflation. It may still have a place in an income portfolio, but for those with longer time frames, I think there are better options.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha