Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simply Safe Dividends
I did not see it, SSD, listed.  

It has very good tools for dividend investors, I have consolidated our two portfolios there and rely on their research, dividend safety ratings, screening tools and newsletters in my investment work for Kathy and I.  

For dividend growth investors, it is the best I have seen.

They have a two week free trial that requires zero credit card info and are responsive to questions sent to them by folks.
(12-12-2021, 06:45 AM)rnsmth Wrote: I did not see it, SSD, listed.  

It has very good tools for dividend investors, I have consolidated our two portfolios there and rely on their research, dividend safety ratings, screening tools and newsletters in my investment work for Kathy and I.  

They have a two week free trial that requires zero credit card info and are responsive to questions sent to them by folks.

Annual price?
(12-12-2021, 07:21 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 06:45 AM)rnsmth Wrote: I did not see it, SSD, listed.  

Annual price?

Looks to be $399 per year.

I've heard about it, but I keep a close eye on the companies I own anyway so I see no point in paying someone else to do it for me. 
If I ever get too busy to keep an eye on my portfolio, or lose interest in doing it myself, then I could see these being very useful. But as long as this is a hobby then I don't really feel like paying for these services.
I think $399 is the current price. Folks pay the annual cost that existed when they subscribed.

Do you currently pay for any servies?
They have a good rep but that is a little steep over time. When I no longer enjoy this enough to do the work it is likely more of my assets will be in an ETF. I hope I can also keep ten dividend stocks good enough to buy and ignore for a year or more between reviews.
(12-12-2021, 07:48 AM)rnsmth Wrote: I think $399 is the current price.  Folks pay the annual cost that existed when they subscribed.

Do you currently pay for any servies?

I do not. Right now I still enjoy really digging into company numbers myself - reading ARs, calculating debt and payout ratios, figuring out if earnings growth is from cash flows or fake due to buybacks, etc. But the day may come where I decide I don't want to spend that sort of time on it. Based on what people I respect have said, SSD sounds like the best thing going - though I'll do my own investigation on that too if/when the time comes.
If you learn to do it yourself first you will have a much better understanding of any services you might use later.