Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron's week in Dividend land
I have been writing weekly updates  for some time on an SA dividend growth investing blog, and I am I will continue to.  I will post them here also, unless the masses rise up against it.

It was a very good week in my dividend land.

SCHD's 2021 dividends are 10.8% higher than its 2020 dividends. I think David Van Knapp write that it was the 11th straight year of dividend increases (maybe 10th) by SCHD. My figures, with could be in error, show $2.02584 for 2020 and $2.249 for 2021.

In a major move, for me, I liquidated MDU (33.3% gain in about a year) and put the proceeds into EOG, that had been identified in an SSD screen as being undervalued on the relative yield and P/E metrics. MDU had two years running of 2.4% dividend increases. EOG, also with a Very Safe SSD dividend safety rating, recently gave an 82% dividend increase, from $.4125 per quarter to $.75. What helped determine the timing was Eric Landis writing, on the Dividend Growth Forum that a $2.00 special divvy was also declared with an ex-div date of December 16. Current yield for EOG is close to 3,4%

So this move to EOG, SCHD's rise and other recent good dividend increases (CM and TD and WEC and ENB) puts us well on track to meet our dividend growth target for 2022.  

Who needs Santa Claus Smile
My dividend week was mixed. Received an increase from MSFT. Not a surprise but always welcome. The CVS 10% raise announcement both was and wasn't a surprise. Based on the metrics and everything the company has said over the past 4 years it should have happened but a lot of companies don't do what they say they'll do.

On the other side, the PFE $.01/qtr hike announced was a disappointment.