Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman
(09-24-2013, 09:45 PM)Kerim Wrote: We've practically got a book club going!

Thanks for continuing, Oprah. Rolleyes

Interesting reading. As I was reading your latest installment, it struck me that one big difference between a value investor and a dividend growth investor is the value investor is more focused on price versus value and a DGI is more focused on the dividend stream and its growth versus value.

For myself, I'm willing to pay a fair (and sometimes even a little overvalued) price for a quality company that offers a reliable dividend stream -- JNJ being my latest example. That's why I try to buy in partial positions at a time -- to guard against my own stupidity building a position.

We all would love to buy everything at a bargain price but there are other factors involved. Age and time available before a DGI would need that dividend stream, for one.

Looking forward to the next installment.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
“Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman - by Kerim - 09-24-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: “Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman - by Dividend Watcher - 01-30-2014, 02:12 AM