Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman
Kerim, I have to admit your summaries piqued my interest and some of the things you brought up I've used in my search for decently valued dividend growth stocks. However, at the time you were commenting about it, the companies I am/was interested in didn't hit the deep value that Seth Klarman was talking about. Those days were over after 2009-11 when finding very undervalued dividend growth companies was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Several articles I've seen since about what Mr. Klarman was holding in his portfolio(s) would not interest me today. That's not to say you couldn't become very wealthy following Mr. Klarman's deep value approach but the time and effort finding, researching and following every twist and turn of the companies' fortunes until the value is realized is not what I have in my plan at this stage in life.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
“Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman - by Kerim - 09-24-2013, 05:14 PM
RE: “Margin of Safety” by Seth Klarman - by Dividend Watcher - 07-12-2018, 10:02 PM