Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Perfect Portfolio Competition
Sounds a little shady but we'll submit this to our competition committee for review. Smile
(03-02-2022, 08:30 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Hey, I need to cheat....err I mean correct the spreadsheet a little. Big Grin

BHP group did some restructuring and the BBL listing (which was the ADR of their listing in London) has disappeared completely.
I'm glad that Eric's spreadsheet has automatically switched my choice to Brisbane Broncos Limited, which appears to be a Rugby team in Australia.
While no doubt most of us at least considered adding an Australian Rugby team to our top 5 list, I actually wanted to have BHP group in there as my inflation hedge.

So following the restructuring, the ticker should be BHP instead of BBL.

Fixed!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks Eric.
After 5 months, only 4 of us are in the green.
And vbin has a strong lead, despite only having 1 green ticker in the mix! Looks like OXY was an amazing choice.
(06-02-2022, 01:58 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: After 5 months, only 4 of us are in the green.
And vbin has a strong lead, despite only having 1 green ticker in the mix! Looks like OXY was an amazing choice.

vbin is the boss

warren buffett has always said you don't need a whole bunch of home runs
It's not quite as bloody as I thought. The majority of us are beating the SPY. Just an example of why dividend stocks can take some of the sting out of a correction.
Can someone please change "VIAC" to "PARA" in the spreadsheet (or let me know how)?
(06-04-2022, 04:06 PM)Kerim Wrote: Can someone please change "VIAC" to "PARA" in the spreadsheet (or let me know how)?

Done.
(06-04-2022, 10:43 PM)EricL Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 04:06 PM)Kerim Wrote: Can someone please change "VIAC" to "PARA" in the spreadsheet (or let me know how)?

Done.

Thank you! Now I can see with more precision how badly I'm doing! Rolleyes
I added a link to the Google Doc spreadsheet at the bottom of the first post so people can easily find it.
ChadR leading the way with a 6.88% gain.

He and vbin are the only two in the green for the year.
(12-16-2022, 09:31 AM)EricL Wrote: ChadR leading the way with a 6.88% gain.

He and vbin are the only two in the green for the year.
Just from memory, I think this is the first year Chad didn't pick an oil stock, the year he when he should have, and now he wins.  The market is fun lol.