Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Perfect Portfolio Competition
I gotta be in the lead for 2022 so far with VIAC, WFC and others popping this morning!

Tongue
(01-03-2022, 10:21 AM)Kerim Wrote: I gotta be in the lead for 2022 so far with VIAC, WFC and others popping this morning!

Tongue

So you ran the opening kickoff back for a TD and you gotta flex on us.  Enjoy lol.  Smile  

We'll have to sweet talk Eric or whomever to post the stats about monthly since we have lot's participants this year.  We can watch each other rise and fall.
I think I have all the entries that have been posted on this thread entered into the spreadsheet.

Please check over for errors and give me your picks if you still want to join.

The spreadsheet tracks price change only.

I'm not going to attempt to figure out returns with dividends. If someone else wants to tackle that, feel free.

GLTA!

2022 Perfect Portfolio
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
if anyone still wants to join please do so by Tuesday. No fair picking a stock that popped 15% since last Friday. Smile

Eric, dividends might be a tie breaker so we can worry about that next December if it's close.
(01-03-2022, 11:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote: if anyone still wants to join please do so by Tuesday. No fair picking a stock that popped 15% since last Friday. Smile

It's a long year, I'm fine giving people the rest of the week.

Not like there's a million-dollar prize on the line or anything. =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-03-2022, 11:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote: if anyone still wants to join please do so by Tuesday.  No fair picking a stock that popped 15% since last Friday.  Smile

Eric, dividends might be a tie breaker so we can worry about that next December if it's close.

Haha yeah no late entries with Tesla in them!

Regarding the dividends, if it's close we can do something simple such as add the yield (on 1st of January) to the price change of every ticker. That would not be totally accurate since the majority of the companies will raise the dividend at some point during the year, but it would be a very fast way to take the dividend into account.
(01-03-2022, 12:09 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 11:56 AM)fenders53 Wrote: if anyone still wants to join please do so by Tuesday.  No fair picking a stock that popped 15% since last Friday.  Smile

Haha yeah no late entries with Tesla in them!

Regarding the dividends, if it's close we can do something simple such as add the yield (on 1st of January) to the price change of every ticker. That would not be totally accurate since the majority of the companies will raise the dividend at some point during the year, but it would be a very fast way to take the dividend into account.
I think it was actually close enough this year that cheating a little would help, but yes it is a long year.  It takes earth shaking news to drive a stock a year from now.  

For the most part we all have 4 div stocks so unless you have the all value trap port it won't matter.  It's not a problem to hand jam the top contenders in portfolio visualizer when the time comes. Eric's spreadsheet is easier along the way.
(01-03-2022, 10:21 AM)Kerim Wrote: I gotta be in the lead for 2022 so far with VIAC, WFC and others popping this morning!

Tongue

I only own one of my five - two others are on my watch list - so I'm not gonna have a clue how I'm doing without someone telling me. Wink

Tongue

So far it's Kerim and vbin out to a strong early lead!  OXY is the early best pick overall, and ARCB is having the roughest start.
Boys with oil just getting warmed up. Smile
After two months VBIN has a commanding lead with his four red stock port! Go OXY! Smile
Hey, I need to cheat....err I mean correct the spreadsheet a little. Big Grin

BHP group did some restructuring and the BBL listing (which was the ADR of their listing in London) has disappeared completely.
I'm glad that Eric's spreadsheet has automatically switched my choice to Brisbane Broncos Limited, which appears to be a Rugby team in Australia.
While no doubt most of us at least considered adding an Australian Rugby team to our top 5 list, I actually wanted to have BHP group in there as my inflation hedge.

So following the restructuring, the ticker should be BHP instead of BBL.