• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Perfect Portfolio Competition
my 2022 picks

1) DIS (suspended dividend)

2) ARCB

3) MU

4) TSM

5) MGA
(12-24-2021, 07:37 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: That makes 3 of us with Target in our list Smile

(12-24-2021, 08:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Timing of dip makes TGT and a lot more quality candidates this year.

Yeah, TGT is looking really solid at the moment. I got my shares so long ago, so much cheaper and better yield, that it is hard to contemplate buying here -- but I understand that is classic cognitive bias!
(12-25-2021, 11:19 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 07:37 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: That makes 3 of us with Target in our list Smile

(12-24-2021, 08:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Timing of dip makes TGT and a lot more quality candidates this year.

Yeah, TGT is looking really solid at the moment. I got my shares so long ago, so much cheaper and better yield, that it is hard to contemplate buying here -- but I understand that is classic cognitive bias!
It's priced fair compared to the market.  I sold some shares south of here.  It's going to take a recession to get some of the market darlings back to undervalued, but TGT PE is not high right here.
Baba, tencent, Didi, gpn, v
I'll just mostly copy stuff that I had last year since I'm lazy

-LMT
-MSFT
-BIP

Then we will add a little inflation play
-BBL

And a little reopening play
-Airbus (AIR.PA is probably the easiest ticker)
(12-27-2021, 11:59 PM)vbin Wrote: Baba, tencent, Didi, gpn, v
That port will have to be modified a bit to meet the rules in Post #1

4 or 5 cash dividend payers
No more than than two tech stocks
An attempt at diversifying 

I could be wrong but DIDI may torment the scorekeeper when it switches tickers in the middle of the games.  Changing DIDI for a div stock that isnt' tech or FINTECH probably solves it, or however you want to do it.

Thanks
(12-28-2021, 06:17 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 11:59 PM)vbin Wrote: Baba, tencent, Didi, gpn, v
That port will have to be modified a bit to meet the rules in Post #1

4 or 5 cash dividend payers
No more than than two tech stocks
An attempt at diversifying 

I could be wrong but DIDI may torment the scorekeeper when it switches tickers in the middle of the games.  Changing DIDI for a div stock that isnt' tech or FINTECH probably solves it, or however you want to do it.

Thanks
Baba, tencent, oxy, gpn, v
I think I have decided. Unless I can find a dividend paying replacement for MSFT with some growth potential. A FINTECH is tempting here.

1. FB
2. TXRH
3. MSFT
4. RTX
5. EOG
Here's my entries:

1) FB - Tech  (no div - growth)
2) RTX - Defense (Div)
3) BBL - Oil/mining (Div)
4) ABR - REIT (Div)
5) PNW - Utility (Div)
I reserve the right to change this up to market open next Monday:

NIO (no div)
MU
RTX
FL
NTAP

High risk - going for the win babaaay!
Sounds good, and to be honest if somebody was on holiday vacation and shows up on MON or TUE, they can still play if they like. I'll have to go check out a couple of your tickers I'm not familiar with.
(12-30-2021, 09:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Sounds good, and to be honest if somebody was on holiday vacation and shows up on MON or TUE, they can still play if they like.  I'll have to go check out a couple of your tickers I'm not familiar with.

Long-term I actually like LCID over NIO. But NIO is beat down more so for a 12-month window I think the potential returns are greater. Same principle for FL vs NKE.