Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Perfect Portfolio Competition
Ken those picks are nothing like diversified. We only have a few rules but that is one of them. I think last year we agreed two tech stocks was OK because they are loved.

Scoot, that sounds good. Many of us do actually invest in most or all of our picks. True DGI stocks usually do pretty well. Above average Div growth often comes from stocks capable of above market CAP appreciation. This year high yielders mostly did well. They ran pretty hard in 2021 so probably due for a flat year. By the time my final cuts are made I will probably have a few undervalued stocks that look due for a run. The kind of stocks I would accumulate in my real port.

If you look back at past years our performance wasn't that great on average but it's still fun.
(12-18-2021, 06:18 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Here are my 2022 picks, and I'm just picking the top 5 stocks I should have the most money in after my 2022 buying plan is complete.  

AAPL
AVGO
MSFT
ORCL
STX

(Currently OXLC and HTGC are ahead of a few of those, but after I meet my targets and tech stocks return to form, they will fall behind, with NVDA & TGT being in sixth-seventh place.)

(12-19-2021, 12:17 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Ken those picks are nothing like diversified.  We only have a few rules but that is one of them.  I think last year we agreed two tech stocks was OK because they are loved.

My apologies; I thought it would be the most fun if it was truly representative of what I have in my port.  But, I can still satisfy both the game rules and my port to a degree:

AVGO - hardware
ORCL - software
TGT - retail
BX - financial  (an up and comer in my port)
VALE - commodity (another up and comer; by mid-year I should have as much as I do in RIO)
Perfect, thanks.
OK , I'm in! (Interesting exercise, So far removed from my actual stodgy old Blue Chips)

In Shakespeare's  Tempest - "What's past is prologue"
In US Markets  - "What's past is Seldom if ever prologue"

2022 Picks Top 5

AMAT - (Tech, Semi)
TSCO - (Consumer Cyclical)
PFE - (Healthcare, Pharma)
DVN - (Energy, Oil/Gas)
ODFL (Transportation, Trucking)

If I could pick 6
KLAC - (Tech, Semi)

If I could pick 7
NUE (Materials, Steel)

If I could pick 8
AMP (Finance)

If I could pick 9
MSFT (Tech, Software)

If I could pick 10
ZIM - (Industrial, Marine Shipping)

- Scoot
Great weekend for the Pack !! Clinched playoff spot and division and sits on top of NFC for the moment with ugly Win over Baltimore. NO beats TB, and AZ gets crushed by DET (Who saw that coming? Unreal Smile )
Looks good Scoot. I am still kicking myself for not buying TSCO around 2018 when I was seriously researching it.
Non-dividend would be GOOGL. Dividend would be INTC, VZ, BA and V.
(12-20-2021, 05:16 PM)lucas03 Wrote: Non-dividend would be GOOGL. Dividend would be INTC, VZ, BA and V.

Good ones!
My Picks

MDT, LIN, EL, NUE, EOG
TGT
LIN
MED
AVGO
TROW
MDT, TGT, MSFT, FDX, UNP
That makes 3 of us with Target in our list Smile

It was a toss up between Microsoft and Oracle for the software company representative in my list, but I went with Oracle because I think they dropped a bit unfairly recently (and have a lower P/E to show for it), and also because they have double the dividend and this is a dividend portfolio. But I love both.
Timing of dip makes TGT and a lot more quality candidates this year.