Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Portfolio on December 7, 2021
(12-09-2021, 08:47 AM)cemanuel Wrote: "Personally for me the time to surpass my previous years dividend income comes usually in September or October"

Last year mine was October 9. The year before sometime in September.

I’ve never looked at your portfolio before…never went to your blog. I loved reading your story of how you came to DGI and why your portfolio developed the way it did. 

I don’t have any suggestions. I generally keep positions under 8% of the portfolio they’re in. Usually that insures that the income from them stays under about 10%. 

In our private portfolio, my wife and I own Apple…a lot of it. I’ve kind of treated it as an exception from the rules and guidelines that I espouse in my public portfolio. I’ve begun to think of it as a force of nature. I realize there’s stupidity in that, but investing has a lot of psychology in it, and sometimes the psychology overwhelms the math. 

Nice job with your portfolio. 

Dave
(12-10-2021, 01:30 AM)DaveVK Wrote:
(12-09-2021, 08:47 AM)cemanuel Wrote: "Personally for me the time to surpass my previous years dividend income comes usually in September or October"

Last year mine was October 9. The year before sometime in September.

I’ve never looked at your portfolio before…never went to your blog. I loved reading your story of how you came to DGI and why your portfolio developed the way it did. 

I don’t have any suggestions. I generally keep positions under 8% of the portfolio they’re in. Usually that insures that the income from them stays under about 10%. 

In our private portfolio, my wife and I own Apple…a lot of it. I’ve kind of treated it as an exception from the rules and guidelines that I espouse in my public portfolio. I’ve begun to think of it as a force of nature. I realize there’s stupidity in that, but investing has a lot of psychology in it, and sometimes the psychology overwhelms the math. 

Nice job with your portfolio. 

Dave

Everything about my getting to my current net worth is surprising to me. I honestly don't know how it happened. I mean, I can describe the process and steps, I just don't get HOW. 

I wasn't an idiot but I for darn sure am not brilliant either. And part is luck. I never had a catastrophic life event that set me back badly - we've all had little bumps. But it's still crazy, almost silly.