Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howard Marks Memos - for those with interest
My latest Cereal box read  -

My father use to say I would read a cereal box from cover to cover if it was placed in front of me. Just wanted to share for those with interest Howard is out with his latest memo for those who enjoy his memos. November 23, 2021 - https://www.oaktreecapital.com/insights/...arks-memos I always enjoy reading Howard's perspective. He keeps me grounded, and helps me reaffirm my approach when it comes to DGR Investing.

Others mileage may vary (and usually does) Wink

Take care of each other, it can get rough out there.

-Scoot

It’s different this time.” Lenders and investors invariably depart from time-honored disciplines when cycles move to extremes, out of a belief that current conditions are different from those that prevailed in the past, when those disciplines were appropriate. And just as invariably, they’re shown that cycles repeat and nothing really changes.- Howard Marks

"There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult." -- Warren Buffett
(12-06-2021, 06:29 PM)Scooterd Wrote: My latest Cereal box read  -

My father use to say I would read a cereal box from cover to cover if it was placed in front of me. Just wanted to share for those with interest Howard is out with his latest memo for those who enjoy his memos. November 23, 2021 - https://www.oaktreecapital.com/insights/...arks-memos I always enjoy reading Howard's perspective. He keeps me grounded, and helps me reaffirm my approach when it comes to DGR Investing.

Others mileage may vary (and usually does) Wink

Take care of each other, it can get rough out there.

-Scoot

It’s different this time.” Lenders and investors invariably depart from time-honored disciplines when cycles move to extremes, out of a belief that current conditions are different from those that prevailed in the past, when those disciplines were appropriate. And just as invariably, they’re shown that cycles repeat and nothing really changes.- Howard Marks

"There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult." -- Warren Buffett

You always post good stuff.  I just started reading the link you posted.  He writes well.  

Thanks,
Mike
That was a good piece. I have noticed a lot of investors my age and older are completely resistant to change, and stubbornly refuse to adjust their investment strategies to minimize the risk of our changing world. Pretending like it is still 1990 and will remain so forever. I've even seen friends liquidate their ports when an election doesn't go their way. Flexibility in my investments has served me well.