Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut the cord, FINALLY
okay, been contemplating this for a long time

figured we'd try streaming--we did use fire stick here and there but didn't care for it too much--it never seemed to run smooth for some reason and that held me back making the decision sooner

we also had issues when the wife was zooming her exercising classes we couldn't do anything else on the broadband her zooming would not work

well, over the weekend i got roku with youtube tv and everything has been GREAT

and the strange thing, i was watching youtube tv, was online while the wife was zooming....no issues, crazy?? i decided to amp it up a bit and started watching youtube video's on the laptop, and stared watching youtube tv on my cell phone while on the home wifi

i don't get it--her zoom was NEVER affected and everything was on wifi even the roku--i don't even know how that was possible unless  one of the cable boxes was causing the issue?? i even told them how can i ever stream?? they told me, i can't there would be problems....funny thing is...i know two other people having same issues using the same catv provider...strange??

i even had the cable company out to the house several times the last 3 years they always gave me some weird excuse--i'm almost starting to think one their boxes had built-in buffering
I haven't had cable tv in years. Streaming works great. Also, my antenna pulls in about a hundred channels if I decide to watch broadcast tv. Welcome to the club!
(10-25-2021, 07:35 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I haven't had cable tv in years.  Streaming works great.  Also, my antenna pulls in about a hundred channels if I decide to watch broadcast tv.  Welcome to the club!

My antennae brings in about 1 channel that anyone has ever heard of.  However I can sit on my front step in my underwear and nobody will call the police, so there's that. Smile
(10-25-2021, 07:40 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 07:35 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I haven't had cable tv in years.  Streaming works great.  Also, my antenna pulls in about a hundred channels if I decide to watch broadcast tv.  Welcome to the club!

My antennae brings in about 1 channel that anyone has ever heard of.  However I can sit on my front step in my underwear and nobody will call the police, so there's that. Smile

i get 5 channels with an antenna, but they're the same two over and over again

and i can pee in my backyard

i use to walk the dog in my underwear but the wife yelled at me--i would stay in the backyard! she would say, can i walk around outside in my underwear? okay she won