Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 planning
How about PRU for a mid-yielder? Not much price growth, but dividend raises have been $0.90 -> $1.00 -> $1.10 -> $1.15, P/E is at 5.55, and yield sits at 4.37%. It's the kind of stock I don't need in the accumulation phase, but plan to get tons of when I transition over to a drawdown portfolio.

Then there's LYB. Dividend raises have been $1.00 -> $1.05 -> $1.13, P/E is 5.18, and yield sits at 5.15%.
I own LYB. Solid dividend-payer but the stock price has gone nowhere. That's OK - as you note, the dividend is strong and growing. Very good for my taxable account. Was a company I used to buy more of with a lot of my T sales this summer and fall. Now my 3rd largest dividend-payer behind MO and ABBV.
(12-21-2021, 12:00 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: How about PRU for a mid-yielder?  Not much price growth, but dividend raises have been $0.90 -> $1.00 -> $1.10 -> $1.15, P/E is at 5.55, and yield sits at 4.37%.  It's the kind of stock I don't need in the accumulation phase, but plan to get tons of when I transition over to a drawdown portfolio.

Then there's LYB.  Dividend raises have been $1.00 -> $1.05 -> $1.13, P/E is 5.18, and yield sits at 5.15%.

PRU is fine for a high yielder - I tend to consider anything with a yield of 4% or higher above the mid yield range, and I have plenty of those.  I have looked at it before, it has a safe dividend (as rated by SSD).  Like other companies, its most recent increase was below its 5 year average divvy increase, but we will see what they do in February.

LYB also looks interesting for another high yield stock.  Its dividend is not rated as highly as PRU's, (borderline safe per SSD), but good dividend growth for that level of yield.  

Good suggestions.  My plate is kind of full now and now, 8 years into retirement, I only have my dividends to use for purchases.
(12-21-2021, 11:37 AM)rnsmth Wrote: Plans for 2022.

D and LMT feel like old friends, I have owned them before and I own them again. EOG is new. All three are mid-yield, average to fast dividend growers, all three are underweight, and all three are in the undervalued to fair value range. My thinking now is that I will focus on building those three with our accumulated dividends in 2022.

Things could change, but that is what I am thinking now. Those could be good places to put some of our fat dividends from higher yield positions (actually, from all our other positions).

My first planned buys for January are EOG during the first week of Jan. and then, when the NIE special divvy arrives on Jan. 10, some LMT.

Time to start doing my part to juice 2022's dividend growth with my accumulated dividend reinvestments - which, 8 years into retirement, is the only money I have to invest.
I’m loading more banking stocks, and telecom. Less tech stocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(12-22-2021, 10:50 PM)svolte Wrote: I’m loading more banking stocks, and telecom. Less tech stocks

I have overweight posiitons in TD and CM.  In addition, our second largest position is an ETF (SCHD) and it is 22% financials.  Covered in telecoms by VZ and TU
(10-13-2021, 05:59 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Hey all,

Since I don't have any more funds to buy stocks this year, I thought I would start a 2022 planning thread.  What is your strategic plan for the coming year?  What, if any, target share counts do you have?

On the dividend front, I'm at about $6550 annually and I would like it to reach at least $7200.  Should be doable.

Here are the stocks I want to get up to 100 shares:
  • Seagate
  • Oracle
  • Hewlett Packard

Here are the stocks I want to get up to 75 shares:
  • Apple
Here are the stocks I want to get up to 50 shares:
  • Hasbro
  • Rio
Here are the stocks I want to get up to 30 shares:
  • Microsoft
Here are the stocks I want to get up to 25 shares:
  • Broadcom
  • Texas Instruments
  • Intuitive Surgical
  • Blackstone
  • Taiwan Semiconductor
  • Nvidia
Here are the stocks I want to get up to 15 shares:
  • Upstart
  • Trade Desk
  • Adobe
  • Facebook, err Meta
Here are the stocks I want to get up to 10 shares:
  • ASML

Here are the stocks I want to get up to 3 shares:
  • Google
  • Amazon
  • Shopify
The chip stocks are the priority, since I think they will take off in 2023.

File this under "first world problems", but I no longer think I will be able to afford getting Apple to 75 shares or BroadCom to 25 shares without slashing a bunch of the others.