Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Sold SAM. Took the $45 upswing and sold

Put proceeds in DVN, LYB, WSO and EPR
(06-27-2022, 11:21 AM)ConnerM Wrote: Sold SAM. Took the $45 upswing and sold

I like those buys. You did well making money on SAM

CONGRATS to all those who bought the dip in oil last week. Look for new highs in the coming month. 

I added a few names I already own. Not going crazy.  Added DVN, VLO, CPG, CVX and EOG last week as well. Today CBRL, UNP and PRU

Reduced DG. Will look to re-enter lower 

CLF on watch list
(06-27-2022, 04:10 PM)divmenow Wrote:

I like those buys. You did well making money on SAM

CONGRATS to all those who bought the dip in oil last week. Look for new highs in the coming month. 

I added a few names I already own. Not going crazy.  Added DVN, VLO, CPG, CVX and EOG last week as well. Today CBRL, UNP and PRU

Reduced DG. Will look to re-enter lower 

CLF on watch list
I am just going to be happy I didn't sell my oil.  My cost basis on oil is WAY less than last weeks prices anyhow.  It was really tempting to trim and slow the bleeding actually.  I thought about it before I gave back any more gains.  That was probably the roughest two week ride I have gotten from a single sector in a very long time.

Nice trade on SAM.  That stock has been handing out whippings for a long time.
Sold out of a lot names this morning. I'm now 40% cash and will wait for better entries.
(06-28-2022, 08:49 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Sold out of a lot names this morning. I'm now 40% cash and will wait for better entries.

Probably a smart move. Market up because we were over sold. I trimmed lots this morning as well. Better opportunities to come

I will stick with my oil and commodities and add on any weakness.
(06-28-2022, 08:49 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Sold out of a lot names this morning. I'm now 40% cash and will wait for better entries.
We may or may not run up a little more, but there is a pretty good chance that's not a terrible decision.  Earnings start soon and I'm sure there will be enough bad news to create opportunity.  It only takes a few of the blue chips in a couple different sectors to wreck the mood.
(06-28-2022, 09:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
We may or may not run up a little more, but there is a pretty good chance that's not a terrible decision.  Earnings start soon and I'm sure there will be enough bad news to create opportunity.  It only takes a few of the blue chips in a couple different sectors to wreck the mood.

Just look at NKE. Over valued and Cramer pumped it this morning lol. It's now down $4

Still way over valued. This is a $80 stock at best
Purchased 1 share of LYB with dividend proceeds.
2 shares of HD. I'm slowly going in lol

Looks like that was a smart move. Market lost 600 points since you sold Wink

I can see another 15% or so correction from here. Nothing has changed to have made the market go up in recent week. The shorts will take control again.  And agree oil is probably the best place to be while the market sorts it all out.
(06-28-2022, 09:45 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 09:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Just look at NKE. Over valued and Cramer pumped it this morning lol. It's now down $4

Still way over valued. This is a $80 stock at best
Buy it if it gets near there.  NKE has a tendency to trade overvalued for a long time now.  That brand just won't die.  I only swing trade it though.  We've seen it hit PE 70 more than once the past five years.  That is nutty and I am out when that happens.