Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
I added some TROW today. I like it below 190 and will add more below 180. Quality asset manager with zero debt and benefits of scale.
(01-05-2022, 03:44 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:36 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 03:09 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 02:47 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 02:05 PM)MrFortune Wrote: MRNA new 6 month low

SQ new 52 week low

These stocks are still getting pounded. I should have bought puts lol

I may never see the levels I bought at for 5 years. Good thing its less then 20 shares each lol

I only have two stocks getting murdered, but I have a helluva lot more than 20 shares lol.  Both solar other than ENPH.  You want to see some real pain head over to youtube. Several guys I follow dragged legions of young sheep off the cliff with entire port full of IPOs and SPAC they paid 300% too much for.  Probably getting harder to sell their "How to trade stocks like a fool" courses.  It's been painful watching them average down for nine months.  That'll teach them for mocking my boring boomer stocks.   Smile

Its all over. Hide your money under the mattress  Big Grin

All those high flyers will never see the levels they once had 

Maybe leaving in the bank isn't such a bad idea now. Biden will put us us on the map and the next 3 years will go down as the worst since 1929  Big Grin

You heard it here first..
Only a couple real companies in the entire batch.  The sheer amount of new stocks is an issue.  There isn't enough spec money to fix them.  Why would I buy them when I can but a profitable but overvalues company?  PayPal for instance.  Still way overvalued in my opinion but they aren't going away.  I;d buy that first  No where near as risky as a SPAC that is 3+ years away from making a dime if things go well.  The Covid stimulus gambler kids are out of money so it gets worse.  Just wait until these companies try to issue some more shares to keep the grift going.       

I am so happy I dumped most anything truly speculative over the past few months.

RUN was speculative and I'm taking a bath in that name lol

ADBE, AVGO, NVDA, ABNB. These aren't specs but they are all caught up in those ETF's with specs on them  Big Grin

SQ still going lower. Wow anyone other then me own. I have had since $26 but damn so goes my profits
I've made option money on RUN but I gave it all back +.  Most of those stocks you listed are just overvalued or extremely overvalued vs speculative.  All of those will be OK eventually IMO.  Yes there are a few here that have owned SQ for years.  Ray and Otter come to mind.  

Near the close I added GOOGL, QQQ and ENPH.  Small bites.
(01-05-2022, 04:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Near the close I added GOOGL, QQQ and ENPH.  Small bites.

A little chuckle because 1 share of Google is a lot of money Smile
(01-05-2022, 04:29 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 04:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Near the close I added GOOGL, QQQ and ENPH.  Small bites.

A little chuckle because 1 share of Google is a lot of money Smile
I've been getting some serious GOOGL FOMO when it was about to head past 3000 but I waited.  It was high on my watchlist at 2000.  Didn't pull the trigger.  Now I just add a share every month or so if I can get one a few hundred down than a recent high.  A couple more and I can live in peace.  If Google fails we're probably all sad.  The rest of my trades are legit small.  1-3 shares.
Small position in OBCI.
added a little more ENPH at $146

Added a little UNH, TROW, CCI and MDT

Bought back into IIPR

Trimmed some WEC, FDX, CMI, TXRH and (Will buy back what I sold if they get cheaper)
(01-06-2022, 12:08 PM)divmenow Wrote: added a little more ENPH at $146

Added a little UNH, TROW, CCI and MDT

Bought back into IIPR

Trimmed some WEC, FDX, CMI, TXRH and  (Will buy back what I sold if they get cheaper)
I am about to sell covered calls on half my WEC.  Not saying UTEs should crash, but it's a little mystifying they are running into rising rates.  BTW it's ridiculously cold in WECs territory so they will have solid earnings if it continues. Like -10 to -40F lately. BRRRRRR. Glad I am not paying for that natural gas.

TXRH is excellent for selling calls against.  Just volatile enough to keep premiums high and sell high strike prices.  I'm not trying to lose my shares though so strikes will always be high.

I need to put a few limit orders for small amounts of shares at various prices on ENPH, and let it happen or not.  I completely missed the morning dip.  It might hit 125 but it won't stay there 48HRs unless the market melts.
Added a few shares of QQQ at the buzzer.
Yesterday Nucor was the #1 gainer on my 50 stock watchlist on SA. Today it is the top loser so #50. It's a stodgy old steel company! I think I won't t try to make too much sense of this market's daily moves.
Sold out of all my oil names but EOG

It may go higher but I'm taking the profits now before the downturn. I have learned over the years in this sector when you have good profits take them lol. Better buying opportunities will come along.
(01-07-2022, 10:07 AM)stockguru Wrote: Sold out of all my oil names but EOG

It may go higher but I'm taking the profits now before the downturn.  I have learned over the years in this sector when you have good profits take them lol. Better buying opportunities will come along.
I will sell calls against more of my EOG shares today.  I'm pretty confident EOG is a very good hold for the summer but it is definitely due for a breather.
(01-07-2022, 10:07 AM)stockguru Wrote: Sold out of all my oil names but EOG

It may go higher but I'm taking the profits now before the downturn.  I have learned over the years in this sector when you have good profits take them lol. Better buying opportunities will come along.

Probably not a bad idea. Sector is way over extended. I may trim some today as well.

How about my KR. Boring but at a new high as in HRL 

Today added some monthly dividend stocks 

This year I'm in the safe approach. And wont buy any names that don't make a profit or over a PE of 40.  Just the way I'm playing it with 5 years left to retirement.