Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(11-16-2021, 01:22 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some $160 DIS calls for Jan. We will see how that plays out.
The overall mood of the market gets a vote in the short term, but it looks like it is finding a bottom.  That is the strike I would have chosen.
(11-16-2021, 10:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 10:37 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Home Depot has definitely been a star for me this year; pity I only funded it with 11 shares.

Conversely, I see Capital One Financial once again at the bottom of the heap today ...
Don't chase it.  Just trust me.  You'll get a chance but they are doing magic tricks to keep hitting earnings.  If that sounds like I am bashing HD it's not my intent.  They are logistics magicians and they are pinching pennies.  You'll get a hard dip in the next year if not sooner.  Wait for it and add shares then.  All the good news is priced in months ago, like most blue chips.  LOW is probably the better buy in the sector right now IMO.

The dip was in May/June
(11-16-2021, 04:10 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 10:37 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Home Depot has definitely been a star for me this year; pity I only funded it with 11 shares.

Conversely, I see Capital One Financial once again at the bottom of the heap today ...
Don't chase it.  Just trust me.  You'll get a chance but they are doing magic tricks to keep hitting earnings.  If that sounds like I am bashing HD it's not my intent.  They are logistics magicians and they are pinching pennies.  You'll get a hard dip in the next year if not sooner.  Wait for it and add shares then.  All the good news is priced in months ago, like most blue chips.  LOW is probably the better buy in the sector right now IMO.

The dip was in May/June

Additional HD is not on my current list of 2022 acquisitions, so if it dips, great, if not no worries.
(11-16-2021, 01:09 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:29 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold a GPN put

That's a Chuck pick.  Looks way undervalued vs more famous competitors.  Trying to follow you in on this one.  I need some income this week so probably going to sell an ENPH and GNRC put that expire this week.  Way out of the money so I can roll them if necessary.  No interest in more shares up here but I could live with it longer term.
Yup, I am thinking to sell a put a fisv too.

Got my Didi calls assigned at $9.5 this Friday, bought those shares back.
(11-16-2021, 04:47 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

The dip was in May/June

Additional HD is not on my current list of 2022 acquisitions, so if it dips, great, if not no worries.
It's solid but requires a good economy to do much from here.  At the moment their growth is mostly inflation and trimming worker hours. That's all short term though.  Adding a few shares now and then has been working for 30 years for a longterm investor
Added to DIS, FB, V, and VIAC this morning.
V is now down for the year. This stock just cant get out of its own way.. Of course AMZN news is a over reaction.
(11-17-2021, 09:41 AM)divmenow Wrote: V is now down for the year. This stock just cant get out of its own way.. Of course AMZN news is a over reaction.
Sector is just complicated with all the disrupter attempts.  I still think there will be some M&A but that's tricky with high market caps.
Used pooled dividends to add another share of MED in my DGI account.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
added PYPL, ATVI, PM, TGT, DUK and AMGN

Closed out my LOW calls

The dip was in May/June
That's easier to see now of course but we generally only get about one chance a year to buy the blue chips at a true discount.  This is where I like your yield based entry theory Mike.  May not be wise to wait for a once in a decade high yield, but if you buy at the worst yield in a decade you are setting yourself up for underperformance.  It will happen far more times than not.  

Speaking of HD, for those watching my foolishness.  I need HD at 389.99 or less by close Friday.  No way I can bail before then unless price is well under 390.  Too much extrinsic value n the options still.  It's a defined risk trade that is completely hedged at 395.  It doesn't matter if it runs to 500.  I would never do a true short on a blue chip.  I'm not completely crazy.  I executed the spread after HD ran up 16 on the earnings announcement.  It always dips during conference call, except it didn't this time.  Smile  They got by with no forward guidance.  Probably because they are HD.
(11-16-2021, 10:49 PM)vbin Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 01:09 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:29 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold a GPN put

That's a Chuck pick.  Looks way undervalued vs more famous competitors.  Trying to follow you in on this one.  I need some income this week so probably going to sell an ENPH and GNRC put that expire this week.  Way out of the money so I can roll them if necessary.  No interest in more shares up here but I could live with it longer term.
Yup, I am thinking to sell a put a fisv too.

Got my Didi calls assigned at $9.5 this Friday, bought those shares back.
I did join you in the GPN put sell and of course it is down immediately.  I'll roll it forward to DEC and get long when the digital payment beat down is closer to over. GPN looks like a very solid hold for years.