Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
I sold all my stocks and decided this isn't for me. I have enough stress in my life with school and all. I took a huge loss but I can't afford to lose what I have left. Lesson learned. Once I get a job out of college I will have my IRA and and all to build. Right now I need the money so. Thanks everyone and good luck. I'm headed to the bar lol
Added hood
(12-14-2021, 11:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 11:05 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought BBY, DKS, WSM and GPN

Trimmed FB, MKC, and some UTES
Probably a wise move on the UTEs.  They should not be up in the face of these inflation number that are flat scary.  Solar is getting murdered for weeks now.  I am going to start wading in deeper today.  I believe in them for the mid term and only buy profitable ones so it's as good a place as any for my non conservative port allotment.

For those interested - Historically Utes perform best during Late and recessionary phases of the full Business Economic cycle. see attachment.

excerpt -

From an under-performance perspective, the materials and utilities sectors have lagged by the greatest magnitude. Due to the lack of clear sector leadership, the mid-cycle phase (which the market is experiencing now) is a market environment in which investors may want to consider keeping their sector bets to a minimum while employing other approaches to generate additional active opportunities.

- Scoot

"The stock market is but a mirror which provides an image of the underlying or fundamental economic situation. Cause and effect run from the economy to the stock market, never the reverse". — John Kenneth Galbraith

Attached Files
.pdf   Business_Cycle_Sector_Approach_2020.pdf (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 1)
(12-15-2021, 10:13 AM)Marknew Wrote: I sold all my stocks and decided this isn't for me. I have enough stress in my life with school and all. I took a huge loss but I can't afford to lose what I have left. Lesson learned. Once I get a job out of college I will have my IRA and and all to build. Right now I need the money so. Thanks everyone and good luck. I'm headed to the bar lol

Sorry to see you go and sorry for your loss. You got in the market and the wrong time. All tech was over valued and you listened to your friends and heard those famous words. "GET RICH QUICK"  This market can be brutal when the whales are shorting and there's little buying buy the funds. Plus where now in tax selling late in the year. If you look at the 52 week low list there are 100's that were all high flyers and were all pumps. None deserved the valuations they had. In fact there are still over valued by lots.

I have some big losers as well like PYPL, SQ, And others. But I only went in small and what I could afford to lose. You went all tech If I remember. As they say don't put all your eggs in one basket  Big Grin

HOOD? Why lol
(12-15-2021, 10:13 AM)Marknew Wrote: I sold all my stocks and decided this isn't for me. I have enough stress in my life with school and all. I took a huge loss but I can't afford to lose what I have left. Lesson learned. Once I get a job out of college I will have my IRA and and all to build. Right now I need the money so. Thanks everyone and good luck. I'm headed to the bar lol
Best of luck to you Mark! Put in the time before you return.  No fun having capital at risk you can't afford to lose.  This "game" isn't always easy.
(12-15-2021, 10:26 AM)stockguru Wrote:

Sorry to see you go and sorry for your loss. You got in the market and the wrong time. All tech was over valued and you listened to your friends and heard those famous words. "GET RICH QUICK"  This market can be brutal when the whales are shorting and there's little buying buy the funds. Plus where now in tax selling late in the year. If you look at the 52 week low list there are 100's that were all high flyers and were all pumps. None deserved the valuations they had. In fact there are still over valued by lots.

I have some big losers as well like PYPL, SQ, And others. But I only went in small and what I could afford to lose. You went all tech If I remember. As they say don't put all your eggs in one basket  Big Grin

HOOD? Why lol
You need to start finding five minutes a day to spend with us.  Hold onto those JAN 110 PYPL calls.   It's gonna spike 25 points any minute now so you can break even.  And do you own VSTO yet, or still just posing?   Big Grin
(11-15-2021, 10:23 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 10:01 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Me too on CRWD. I need to add  more growth. That's what everyone wants these days. Tired of being in the names that don't move lol

Finally sold my T after 8 years. Had enough lol
Nobody can say you weren't patient.  I've held a few dogs for decades but two years is about the max these days before I try to slap myself out of denial.

Mark,

When you are ready to invest again, please come back and talk to us before you make your buys.

HOOD? Why lol
It's trading at $15b market cap. I believe they can reach $100b. Dash is trading at $50b and thats laughable. Fintech is beaten down. Hood is actually projected to have positive earnings next yr. Lot of smart people I know are lining up to join them. App is sticky and no matter market goes up or down, they make money. They have first disruptor advantage. The growth has been crazy.
(12-15-2021, 11:03 AM)vbin Wrote:

HOOD? Why lol
It's trading at $15b market cap. I believe they can reach $100b. Dash is trading at $50b and thats laughable. Fintech is beaten down. Hood is actually projected to have positive earnings next yr. Lot of smart people I know are lining up to join them. App is sticky and no matter market goes up or down, they make money. They have first disruptor advantage. The growth has been crazy.
I have no interest but like most IPOs. HOOD will likely find a bottom and run again.  The market CAP vs client base will look appealing soon. There is real trash trading for 2-3X their market CAP.
Added tencent
I had a feeling no matter what the Fed did, once they made a decision the market would shoot up again.
(12-15-2021, 03:54 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I had a feeling no matter what the Fed did, once they made a decision the market would shoot up again.

It's a fake pump to the upside. Tomorrow we give it all back  Undecided

The fed suckered more buyers in  Tongue