Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
Added ABBV, CI and 1 share of MSFT. In addition to reliable DGI stocks, I believe big tech is going to stay and deliver. I will add small portion every now and then to maintain exposure as rarely they go undervalued. So far AAPL, AMZN, FB & MSFT have done well.

In addition to CI, ABBV, AMGN, I may add LMT, OHI or UNH if it dips further.
NOC also looking attractive. I have a triggered buy set at $350
(09-10-2021, 10:51 AM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Added ABBV, CI and 1 share of MSFT. In addition to reliable DGI stocks, I believe big tech is going to stay and deliver. I will add small portion every now and then to maintain exposure as rarely they go undervalued. So far AAPL, AMZN, FB & MSFT have done well.

In addition to CI, ABBV, AMGN, I may add LMT, OHI or UNH if it dips further.

In December I'm planning on starting a 2022 New Years Investing Resolutions thread, but yeah my goal for 2022 is to bring Microsoft and Apple up into my top 10 holdings (Google is already there).

As for Moderna, I'm holding at least until the FDA certification but probably forever.
(09-10-2021, 10:07 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 08:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Divmenow

When you have a minute give VSTO news a look please.  I don't know anything about golf but I am pleased they are using windfall bullet profits to further diversify.  $500M is still a big deal to VSTO so no ATT or MO bone headed acquisitions allowed lol.
In case you missed this I would like an opinion because you know what this is about on the gold fan user end.  Market seems OK with the decision.  Not going down when you acquire is usually a good sign.

I'm not so sure on this acquisition. 11-18K for a golf simulator?? Not many are going to spend that kind of money unless your a PRO lol. The company to me should stick at what they are good at.  And buying a golf company like this, I think they are out of there comfort level. 

Noting beats TOP GOLF which is why I have been adding to ELY under $28.
(09-10-2021, 10:00 AM)kblake Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 09:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 09:36 AM)kblake Wrote: added KR, CI, AMGN, COOK and BMY

And I'm bleeding as well lol

Sold some BILL, MOH and KFY
What's bleeding in your port?

If BMY drops much more these options are going to exercise and they'll need my permission to make any new moves.  OK, maybe not quite that many shares.   

Hey Ken, I did see the run in Moderna.  Do you think it's God giving you one last chance to sell those expensive shares you bought?   Smile

Everything is bleeding  Big Grin

LLY, MRK, BMY, FDX, UPS, TMUS, DG, PPG, UNP, ALSN, HUM, DVA and the list goes on lol

I've had some marginally up days, like today, because some of my big guns are doing well (yesterday Moderna, today SOXL), but yeah most of my port is bleeding out too.
(09-10-2021, 11:03 AM)kblake Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 10:07 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 08:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Divmenow

When you have a minute give VSTO news a look please.  I don't know anything about golf but I am pleased they are using windfall bullet profits to further diversify.  $500M is still a big deal to VSTO so no ATT or MO bone headed acquisitions allowed lol.
In case you missed this I would like an opinion because you know what this is about on the gold fan user end.  Market seems OK with the decision.  Not going down when you acquire is usually a good sign.

I'm not so sure on this acquisition. 11-18K for a golf simulator?? Not many are going to spend that kind of money unless your a PRO lol. The company to me should stick at what they are good at.  And buying a golf company like this, I think they are out of there comfort level. 

Noting beats TOP GOLF which is why I have been adding to ELY under $28.
They are an outdoor company and already have a modest amount of other outdoor brands some golf brands.  The only time I have seen a simulator is in a bar where it was an attraction, or available for rent for events as apparently portable models exist.  Or at least they used to.  Anyway they dominate shooting sports but eventually they'll have to stop price gouging on ammo. Almost all outdoor sports are crowded with gear seller competition so nothing is sure IMO.  I doubt beating Top Golf is the goal.  Continuing their revenue growth is and it's been explosive.  They can't dominate everything, but everything they touch has been profitable for awhile now.
(09-10-2021, 11:05 AM)Everything is bleeding Wrote: [quote pid='28575' dateline='1631286048']

LLY, MRK, BMY, FDX, UPS, TMUS, DG, PPG, UNP, ALSN, HUM, DVA and the list goes on lol

I've had some marginally up days, like today, because some of my big guns are doing well (yesterday Moderna, today SOXL), but yeah most of my port is bleeding out too.
[/quote]
IMO a little humble is good now and then.  I know we are the most amazing investors on earth lol, but every day or month isn't good.  Nobody is down much on a true investment port they've held for long.  The intended swing trades won't always fall like we wish, but we mostly buy quality here so it will usually work out with patience any investment requires.

I'm down a bit this month but AUG was worse.  A lot of successful conservative option trades killed by CMI, DG and oil.  It's why I stay diversified.  Being down 5-10% in a market that isn't actually down is hard to take so I avoid it.

UTEs are getting beat up.  I am finally able to sell out of the money puts to maybe get my share counts back up where I like them soon.  If not, well I'll beat junk bond yields for now and the cash is out of my face, but I could get to it if something more growthy pops up.  

Sold an ALE put and about to sell an XEL.  I dumped a lot of ALE at the top and it is starting to look attractive enough again.
Oh no, your quoting issues have returned! Smile
A pretty big blow to Apple today

U.S. District Judge ruled Friday that Apple must allow developers to offer alternative payment systems in software sold through the company’s App Store.

The decision in Apple’s high-profile legal battle with Fortnite maker Epic Games deals a blow to the lucrative App Store marketplace.
(09-10-2021, 12:20 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Oh no, your quoting issues have returned! Smile
It's always grabbed too many posts.  My issue was it grabbed the exact same posts from months ago when I was quoting something completely different.  The software has issues.
(09-10-2021, 12:57 PM)stockguru Wrote: A pretty big blow to Apple today

U.S. District Judge ruled Friday that Apple must allow developers to offer alternative payment systems in software sold through the company’s App Store.

The decision in Apple’s high-profile legal battle with Fortnite maker Epic Games deals a blow to the lucrative App Store marketplace.

FANG will be OK enough but their free reign of monopolistic terror is going to be put on a leash.  That's been clear for awhile.  Both parties hate them so things are going to change some. China and EU is gradually doing just the same.
Interesting news, but it doesn't - at this point - change my plan to increase my Apple holdings to 100 shares by this time next year (and Microsoft to 50).