Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
New positions in ADBE, CVS and VZ
(03-15-2024, 08:42 AM)Mr1share Wrote: New positions in ADBE, CVS and VZ

If you don't mind, may I inquire about your investing thesis into VZ?  Sure the 6.68% yield is attractive, but it's at the same share price today as it was in the fall of 1997.  Are you treating it as a "better bank account"?
(03-15-2024, 10:29 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

If you don't mind, may I inquire about your investing thesis into VZ?  Sure the 6.68% yield is attractive, but it's at the same share price today as it was in the fall of 1997.  Are you treating it as a "better bank account"?

For 2 reasons. Undervalued stocks and good dividend plays will be the play for rest of 2024. Its up 30% from its lows already. VZ will be making $5.20 a share. How many companies can say that lol Verizon is paying down debt, and narrowing its focus to its wireless operations, broadband quality and 5G networks. The ongoing 5G rollout represents the biggest upgrade to the nation’s telecom infrastructure in a decade. With upload and download speeds greatly increased, Verizon has the chance to significantly gain as data consumption is one of its most profitable areas.

Tech is way to stretched and will burn you soon. I'm playing the market differently then most, and prefer safey over chasing companies which gave ran 50-200% already lol
Added ADBE, TSM, CMI, AMGN. ZTS and XBI

Trimmed TSCO, URI, VLO, IRM, and BRK.b

New positions in MDGL, VOO and MAIN
(03-15-2024, 11:05 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(03-15-2024, 10:29 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

For 2 reasons. Undervalued stocks and good dividend plays will be the play for rest of 2024. Its up 30% from its lows already. VZ will be making $5.20 a share. How many companies can say that lol Verizon is paying down debt, and narrowing its focus to its wireless operations, broadband quality and 5G networks. The ongoing 5G rollout represents the biggest upgrade to the nation’s telecom infrastructure in a decade. With upload and download speeds greatly increased, Verizon has the chance to significantly gain as data consumption is one of its most profitable areas.

Tech is way to stretched and will burn you soon. I'm playing the market differently then most, and prefer safey over chasing companies which gave ran 50-200% already lol

Cool, I hope it reaches your $5.20/share mark.  Looks like it has a while to go.  "Verizon reported revenues of $35.13 billion in the last reported quarter, representing a year-over-year change of -0.3%. EPS of $1.08 for the same period compares with $1.19 a year ago."

My take is that tech has more to go, it's just taking a healthy pause.  When we get the rate cut - which will probably be between July and September - tech will sizzle.
This past week I bought AAPL and TSLA, added to TSLA almost every day except Friday for no apparent reason other than just too busy due to work.

Also bought a new chainsaw lol...Echo CS 501p, 50cc 18" bar
(03-16-2024, 07:29 AM)rayray Wrote: This past week I bought AAPL and TSLA, added to TSLA almost every day except Friday for no apparent reason other than just too busy due to work.

I think that chainsaw will go up more in value then TSLA over the next 6 months Wink
(03-16-2024, 11:01 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-16-2024, 07:29 AM)rayray Wrote: This past week I bought AAPL and TSLA, added to TSLA almost every day except Friday for no apparent reason other than just too busy due to work.

I think that chainsaw will go up more in value then TSLA over the next 6 months Wink

HA! I'm a big believer in TSLA and their tech/ecosystem, been accumulating it.

The value of the chainsaw will depend what happens this Saturday lol
New positions in AAPL and FIVE
New position in LULU
Added unh and sold some oxy, it’s been quiet here, lol
(03-25-2024, 02:40 PM)vbin Wrote: Added unh and sold some oxy, it’s been quiet here, lol

Yeah, I am still over a year away from being able to make frequent purchases like the rest of you.  Luckily, my existing holdings are doing great.

I will be taking all my pooled dividends next week and probably using it to pay for a weekend in Cape Cod Smile