Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What I Am Buying Today.
(03-01-2024, 06:36 AM)rayray Wrote: trimmed VZ

added AAPL--TSLA--DE earlier in the week

Apple is definitely falling behind the rest of the tech pack.  Is this a good time to buy, or are they going to slip out of dominance for good?

Hats off to all the AVGO holders today.

I'll have my $8k finally ready to go into the ROTH next week.  At last I get to make some moves Smile
(03-01-2024, 04:23 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

Apple is definitely falling behind the rest of the tech pack.  Is this a good time to buy, or are they going to slip out of dominance for good?

I'll have my $8k finally ready to go into the ROTH next week.  At last I get to make some moves Smile

today 

B: AAPL--GOOGL--TSLA--DE--UNH

Well, I'm tech heavy and AAPL is one of my largest holdings--I don't think that will change for a while--I'm assuming it will remain in the top 5 for a while--The one I'm interested to see what it does is TSLA

NVDA
MSFT
GOOG/GOOGL
AAPL
AMZN
XOM
TSLA
BX
BRK.B
UNH

Are my top 10 holdings in order--GOOG(L) has taken a little beating

I have no issues adding to my top holdings--I guess it's a catch 22--larger holdings give larger gains but will also give larger losses

A while back I consolidated holdings from 100 plus equities down to about 40--I'm at 42 at the moment but as the portfolio grows I'll be adding more equities as time goes on--I'll have to diversify--my top 5 is just under 1mil--if I include the wife's accoiunt the top 5 is over 1mil
(03-01-2024, 08:06 PM)rayray Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 04:23 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

today 

B: AAPL--GOOGL--TSLA--DE--UNH

Well, I'm tech heavy and AAPL is one of my largest holdings--I don't think that will change for a while--I'm assuming it will remain in the top 5 for a while--The one I'm interested to see what it does is TSLA

NVDA
MSFT
GOOG/GOOGL
AAPL
AMZN
XOM
TSLA
BX
BRK.B
UNH

Are my top 10 holdings in order--GOOG(L) has taken a little beating

I have no issues adding to my top holdings--I guess it's a catch 22--larger holdings give larger gains but will also give larger losses

A while back I consolidated holdings from 100 plus equities down to about 40--I'm at 42 at the moment but as the portfolio grows I'll be adding more equities as time goes on--I'll have to diversify--my top 5 is just under 1mil--if I include the wife's accoiunt the top 5 is over 1mil

It's definitely a good bunch (well maybe except Tesla).  Yeah, I consolidated way down myself.  Outside of ETFs I have just 12 stocks in my main account now, but I'm managing a lot less assets than you are, so your considerations are different.

I'm still waiting for child support to end to really cut loose; still on track for June of next year for that.
Added more GOOG
B: AAPL-GOOG-GOOGL-TSLA-DE-UNH-ACGL-SBUX

trimmed some vz--and did a small trust-to-trust transfer from kplan to rollover ira (non-taxable event)
(03-03-2024, 10:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: It's definitely a good bunch (well maybe except Tesla). 

I'm still waiting for child support to end to really cut loose; still on track for June of next year for that.

Good luck with that! I have friends/coworkers that have been devastated with child support/alimony etc etc

Tesla is going through a tough spot right now but I'm accumulating, I think it's a very underestimated company yet.
Added MSFT and CRM

Trimmed some UTES
Added MSFT and CRWD
(03-04-2024, 10:47 PM)rayray Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 10:10 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: It's definitely a good bunch (well maybe except Tesla). 

Good luck with that! I have friends/coworkers that have been devastated with child support/alimony etc etc

Tesla is going through a tough spot right now but I'm accumulating, I think it's a very underestimated company yet.

It's definitely set me back, but I will still be fabulously wealthy some day!

Probably going to buy some NVDA and LLY with my $8k in the ROTH later this week.  Still deciding.
Took a sizable position in XEL today. I get the wild fires are a concern, but this shall all pace and become a great buying opportunity.

Added MRK, NVO, MSFT, MA, and CRM

New positions in ZS and CRWD

I have been going more growth in my portfolio in recent weeks and months. Slowly of course lol

I trimmed some names as well as they went beyond my targets. Such as LOW, DRI, TXRH, PH ect. I still own just trimmed a bunch.

TSLA I will take a look at once it gets below $150.
B: AAPL--GOOG--TSLA--UNH
Made my ROTH purchases. Mostly into NVDA and LLY. Couldn't resist a little triple leverage action with FNGU. Also sprinkled a little onto baby positions in ARCC, HTGC, and BXSL. I just want a little bit of dividends in there monthly to give me something to do.